JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thank you all so much for your help! I went to the fishermans marine and outdoor and noticed that they had Tapco mags. I picked one up and it fits tight as a glove. I mean, there is absolutely no slop in the mag at all. I cycled 28 rounds without a jam so now I need to take it up and shoot it. I have a feeling that the problem has been resolved. The only bad thing I have to say about the tapco is that it only holds 28 rounds..... Guess I'll have to improve my accuracy by two shots now eh? Anyhow, thanks again guys!

I recently bought a WASR 10 ak. I have only shot about 200 rounds of golden tiger ammo through it but it routinely jams.... IS this the ammo, poor cleaning teqnique, the magazine.....? I am trying to figure it out, some tips would be great!!!! It is double feeding and misfeeding. Thank you so much for your help

Last Edited:
there are alot of things it could be. post a pic or vid of the situation. When I had feed issues with mine it was the gas piston binding in the gas tube. Another time it was the mags. Went with a new gas tube, new tapco mags and it was good to go after that.

I was thinking post the inside of the receiver close up of the trunnion barrel chamber and bullet guide.

Take the return spring off and see if the bolt and carrier side in and out with no obstructions or sticking.

* What receiver mfg was it built on?
* How much can you wiggle the magazine in all axis? Should be very, very little.
* How many diff mags have you tried? poly? metal?

Markings on the reciever are as follows:

Right side

MADE BY CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR
IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED CAI GEORGIA, VT

Left syde

1988-ACU SERIAL#
GP WASR-10/63
CAL 7.62x39mm

The mag has quite a bit of wobble. I would say almost a quarter inch of front to back and half that side to side....

+1. And usualy they are milled for a tight fit. I found those Tapco Mags to work really well...

Good point! But, the other day I was looking at an AK built supposedly on a NDS receiver. It turned out to be a crappy brand receiver not worth mentioning here.

Maybe, the next question we should ask, does the receiver has the dimple?

Maybe the buyer was told it was a WASR10 and got something else instead. Mot everyone knows all the nuances about these Romanian imports.

Markings on the reciever are as follows:

Right side

MADE BY CN ROMARM SA/CUGIR
IN ROMANIA
IMPORTED CAI GEORGIA, VT

Left syde

1988-ACU SERIAL#
GP WASR-10/63
CAL 7.62x39mm

The mag has quite a bit of wobble. I would say almost a quarter inch of front to back and half that side to side....

Sometimes the reciever wont "hold" the nub on the magazine that locks into the magazine retainer that locks the mag in place. This can actually cause the magazine to fall out of the gun if severe enough... its that the retainer doesnt lock far enough into the ramp on the mag,.... You can recontour the nub onn the mag and it will help hold the mag in. Ive had the issue on one of mine. I later decided to modify the retainer itself since almost all mags (POLY AND STEEL) w3ere doing it and dont have trouble anymore.

Hope this makes sense... just another thing to check

Anyone care to insert a joke about how reliable AK's are and how they never jam? :s0114:

That aside, like other people have said, there's a good chance its your mags...

Oh, come on!

It is not the original design or concept. Just look at who is building them! And then we de-mill and rebuild them in the US and do so many ungodly things to them.

Although WASR-10 are imported, they get further modified to fit the double stack. Also, how many of us know WASR-10/63 receivers are de-milled since 2008 (as per Wikipedia, if you can trust it)?

A lot of the reliability in a rifle is in the receiver. People can bend flats into receivers in their own homes. Everybody and their brother makes mags or all quality levels.

My M4 - zero failures. My AKs - the occasional miss-feed (rare), and mostly during the break in, debugging period (built on bent flat receivers).

I like my CCD-15 M4LED much more than my AKs. But I had to pay 4 times more! I baby my M4 to a point it makes my wife jealous. The AKs, I am not so concerned.

I see a guy asking for help, and his thread is degenerating into an "AK vs AR" clusterbubblegum...

I've owned 6 AKs of varying makes over the years, been a member there for a few...I still know NOTHING compared to most the guys on that site. If the OP wants actual help rather than smack talk, it's a good place to start.