JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

House Rep Cheri Helt, (R. District 54) rated "F" by Oregon Firearms Federation, has demonstrated her predictable ignorance and introduced a "bump-stock" ban.

You can see her proposed legislation here.

Use or transfer of a "bump-stock" will result in a $2000.00 fine.

The bill says : "Bump-fire stock" means a buttstock designed to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm with the effect of increasing the rate of fire achievable by the semiautomatic firearm to that of a fully automatic firearm by using the energy from the recoil of the firearm to generate reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger."

Whatever you think of bump-stocks, any knowledgable gun owner knows that you can "bump-fire" a rifle with no modifications. And a skilled person can fire, with an unmodified gun, about as quickly as with a bump stock.

So will Helt be fining people for having good reflexes?

This pointless legislation is just one more attack on gun owners and accomplishes nothing but create another avenue for the state to get into your pocket.

It's tiresome that legislators feel the need to write laws about things they don't understand just to amp up their political correctness street cred.

Please sent Helt a message that you oppose this pointless waste of time and attempt to deprive law abiding Oregonians of their rights and property.

action_alert_1_6600CC.png

The post "Republican" Introduces "Bump-Stock" Ban appeared first on Oregon Firearms Federation.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

"Republican" is a meme!

At best, "Republicans" are indifferent to the republic. "Democrat" is a meme; they care nothing for a democracy. "Independent" is a meme; Individual Liberty means nothing to them.

No wonder why the philosopher Hobbes left us with such a gloomy conclusion; the power of a commonwealth (social compact theory) is too inebreating to expect the reps to resist basking in it, and without a commonwealth, we would literally tear each other apart...why Hobbes dubbed this phenomena a Leviathan; an undefeatable sea monster.

The only solution is to enjoy and support the Liberty-loving reps we have...One example:

I cannot vote for Oregon Senator Kim Thatcher, but reps like her are Five Star, A+ IMO.

"Republican" is a meme!

At best, "Republicans" are indifferent to the republic. "Democrat" is a meme; they care nothing for a democracy. "Independent" is a meme; Individual Liberty means nothing to them.

No wonder why the philosopher Hobbes left us with such a gloomy conclusion; the power of a commonwealth (social compact theory) is too inebreating to expect the reps to resist basking in it, and without a commonwealth, we would literally tear each other apart...why Hobbes dubbed this phenomena a Leviathan; an undefeatable sea monster.

The only solution is to enjoy and support the Liberty-loving reps we have...One example:

I cannot vote for Oregon Senator Kim Thatcher, but reps like her are Five Star, A+ IMO.

All good points, except Kim Thatcher is just too passive and not a fighter. She writes and says nice things
but is too weak for the opposition to even notice here.

I do not need or want a bump stock, would sell it if you gave it to me.
But I do not like law makers yet again telling me what I can and can not do with my civil rights.

I do not need or want a bump stock, would sell it if you gave it to me.
But I do not like law makers yet again telling me what I can and can not do with my civil rights.

The bumpstock laws often include any mechanism, not just stocks, that can increase the rate of fire. This often includes any trigger mechanism, which often includes binary triggers, and the wording of the laws often include wording about a release instead of pull trigger.

Carried to its logical conclusion, rate of fire of a firearm can be increased by just changing the ammo - this was illustrated in the powder selections that the military made during development of the M16 - the rate of fire increased and decreased with the different kinds of powder.

There are all kinds of intended and unintended consequences. Buffer springs, BCG weight, gas port settings, etc., even barrel length - all of these can affect the rate of fire of a semi-auto.

Thought The Donald already took care of the bump stock issue? Wouldn't this bill just be redundantly redundant?

A law passed on bumpstocks would be less able to be challenged in court than an exectuvie order and ruling change by an agency that previously had a completely different ruling on the issue, and the executive order/etc., could be rescinded later by the POTUS.

"Republican" is a meme!

Exactly. Politicians are not our friends. They take our side when it benefits them, and will turn on us when it benefits them. Believing one side/party is "on your side" is to be blind to reality. I support politicians with my vote that demonstrate a consistent and, hopefully, unwavering support of personal rights, chief of which is the 2nd. I trust no party to defend my rights, which is why I belong to no party and likely never will again. Earn my vote and you can have it. Sell me out, and you get nothing from me.

What I see here...

There's no doubt, most of one party, and some of the other party are against us.

But when only one party is mentioned by name, (R), it very much looks like a campaign to reelect the other party.

There certainly is a mixed message here. OFF attacks R's, which sounds like a campaign to elect the D's. Does OFF really think the D's are a better choice?

Again, there's no doubt there are turncoat RINO R's. Attack them individually, and stop the backdoor approach to get the D's elected as somehow, a better choice.

It was with the help of OFF's Knute-bashing that helped get Ms. Brownstain reelected.

Sometimes. maybe the lesser of two evils is a disgusting, but still better choice.

Last Edited:
Except I read awhile back that about 25% of republicans support gun control and about 75% of democrats support gun control.

Better to go with the lessor of two weevils.
Exactly. And this gives those mthrfckrs absolute majority in the House and critical margin in the Senate.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads