JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wanting to mount a red dot sight on my nylon 66 and what to know what mount I need to mount a red dot ? It seems tha remmington has no information that goes back far enough to help me. Some have sait a weaver mount/adaptor TO-10 is what I need but I havent found one yet and also wonder if this is what I really need. This is my first attempt at trying to mount any kind of sight or scope on a rifle. Thanks for any advice.

The Nylon 66 has the standard 3/8" dovetail which is common on almost all .22s. All you need is a 3/8"s dovetail to picatinny or weaver rail as most red dot optics require a rail (something like this <broken link removed> ) this is a lower end mount you can spend anywhere from $5-$50 depending on how deep your pockets are or if you just plan on mounting a scope all you need are 3/8"s dovetail rings. Some of the red dot optics intended for .22's come with 3/8's clamp style mounts as well.

jonn 5335 thanks for the information and help now I understand what I need to look for at the sporting goods store. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. Have a great week. George

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top