JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I went last night they had received a small amount of powder. I got two Clays and one 296! And the good news is, when they have powder it is two per person not one like Sportsman's.

When I went last night they had received a small amount of powder. I got two Clays and one 296! And the good news is, when they have powder it is two per person not one like Sportsman's.
I should run out to my local Bimart today and have a look. I need some beer anyway!

I've only seen powder at my local Bimart ONCE since it all disappeared two years ago. No primers.

In talking to the department managers they switched up supplier and in past two weeks have seen a bit of powder trickle in. Two weeks ago they tell me they had some BL(c)-2 come in. Some what encouraging. Actually since this Bimart has had LRP for past week and a half I have managed to get close to 3k!

In talking to the department managers they switched up supplier and in past two weeks have seen a bit of powder trickle in. Two weeks ago they tell me they had some BL(c)-2 come in. Some what encouraging. Actually since this Bimart has had LRP for past week and a half I have managed to get close to 3k!
Bimart has had a weak supplier of powder and primers for years. After Sandy Hook (which was shortly after I had got into reloading 11/11) Bimart was the very last to start getting stocks of powder and primers back like other retailers and online sources. Other stores, like Fisherman's Marine, got their stock from a variety of different suppliers. If Bimart really did dump their longtime supplier we might actually see some improvement on the shelves.

Must be great to be you? :D
I have all the large rifle primers I can use , I would buy another 5k if they were available for me. I could totally use another 10k of SRP and LRP but I have enough loaded ammo to make it till they become available in quantity , having said that though going through multiple scares and shortages in the last 30 years taught me not to go buy 1000 and think that is enough.

Well back then, that's how we all started I would think. Buy a couple of 100 at a time. I mean, who's going to believe tomato sauce would become scarce? I only keep four cans on hand. Same with powder. When I started I'd look in the book, and see what Bimart had. Buy a pound and try it. Sandy hook taught me better.

Well back then, that's how we all started I would think. Buy a couple of 100 at a time. I mean, who's going to believe tomato sauce would become scarce? I only keep four cans on hand. Same with powder. When I started I'd look in the book, and see what Bimart had. Buy a pound and try it. Sandy hook taught me better.
Man I remember those days as well but eventually saw the 'writing on the wall' and began to buy in larger quantities after starting to experience the various shortages. Heck I experienced my first (albeit minor) when Carter was prez!

Interesting part about all the shortages is they never really just happened 'overnight' , but in a somewhat 'subtle' manner.

Typically during all of them stuff didn't disappear overnight but started slowly. During nearly all of them I remember seeing primers and powder on the shelves for a while then it started getting thinner and I started buying some 'backup'.

Probably the 'fastest' stuff went was right after Obuma was elected.

Typically during all of them stuff didn't disappear overnight but started slowly. During nearly all of them I remember seeing primers and powder on the shelves for a while then it started getting thinner and I started buying some 'backup'.
2011-2012 all kinds of powder and primers were available at Bimart. I didn't look anywhere Else. I bought my RCBS kit there. I bought my first couple of sets of dies used. Sandy Hook was the undoing of THAT.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top