JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a Remington 870 Tactical Express and decided to do some upgrades. Thought I'd share with y'all.

Parts:
  • Scattergun Technologies Oversize Safety
  • Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
  • Magpul SGA Stock and M-LOK Fore-end
  • Mesa Tactical Side-saddle
  • PTG Stainless Steel Magazine Follower
  • Carlson's Flush Mounted Choke

Before: Length 40 5/8" Weight 7.1lbs (empty)

After: Length 37 1/2" Weight 7.6 lbs (empty)

Took a couple of hours to do all the mods and clean thoroughly. Results overall are pretty good visually. After a trip to the range, functional improvements are apparent as well. Less felt recoil, easier handling due to the shorter length and a more comfortable grip angle, and I like having the 6 shots to reload right there. This is my first side-saddle so still working to smooth my movements reloading from the carrier.

Far and away tho, the best mod was the edge extractor. Huge improvement over the stock extractor which worked fine. Now the spent shells come out with a vengeance.

Some pics of the unmolested 870, all the parts, completely disassembled, and the finished product.

IMG_5213-1 - Copy.jpg IMG_5214-1 - Copy.jpg IMG_5218-1 - Copy.jpg IMG_5224-1 - Copy.jpg

A+ for effort and build parts! My one question is why not put all this into a magnum receiver instead? You must love your shoulder more than I love my own. :D

SS follows are a no go in cold weather. Been there done that. I perfer the wilson combat dome safety. Speedfeed1 stock isy much nicer the magpul.

Because I own a Tactical Express same gun as the OP and this model does not come with a magnum receiver. Maybe you are confused with Express Magnum's?
Wow! So you are tell me that doesnt say magnum so its not a magnum? Fyi Every 870 made since 1980 is a magnum. Check the barrel code. I have a 2011 870 that just say "Remington 870" with your logic its not a magnum, SMH.

Again. WOW

Would you like to explain to the class what the "M" in the serial number signifies? Because the Express Tactical does not have that "M" stamped in the serial numbers. Hate to be redundant but your brain may receive information at a slower rate than most. Pre bankrupt Remington and the new Remington Arms have never made any official statements or sent out releases stating the receivers and bolts are magnum rated. The barrel maybe magnum rated but again not all Remington bolts and receivers are. Yet I'm suppose to accept your flawed knowledge typed in 3rd grade level grammar? You spend more time starting crap then doing anything beneficial here. Aren't you the guy from Woodburn who owned some ratty 870s and always came off to everybody as the last word on shotguns? With your attitude and lack of IQ you can pound some Texas sand.

Last Edited:
Yes, name calling, that works. Works every time. You showed me

Again everything since 1980 is a magnum.

I could go in to greater detail on why you you are missing some key details on internet searches.

I could tell you what remington engineer did to make it a magnum.

I could dig in to my vast collection of 870s and show you side by side conperison. I could do a lot of things

But im a few time zone away and you already now everything. You actually just told me part of it with out knowing it.

Enjoy those 2-3/4 shells

Welp there you have it! You can't read or comprehend what I typed above. Who called you a name? Again the guy that can't read or type is going to be the quintessential voice of reason on the topic when Remington has never as much released any literature on the subject so where are you getting your knowledge from? Feel free to post up some links from Remington to straighten me out or maybe I can take some time out of my busy day tomorrow to call them and get a free education since Google is below your standards. :rolleyes:

Im not sure if thats confidence or ignorance. Its clear you dont know.

Besure to call Remington in the morning and report back to the forum on what they said

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top