JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long story short I just finished up a trap shooting class last night and had so much fun doing so. I had bought a 870 to convert to a HD shotgun but now since I already have the 28" barrel I am thinking of using this for trap shooting. I understand a pump gun is not ideal but I figure if I am still into this in a year or so I can upgrade to something better.

That being said what I have Remington 870 12g Express with the synthetic stock that I picked up from Walmart for next to nothing, my only complaint about it is that the butt stock is not very comfy at all. I was thinking maybe I should pick up an adjustable stock of some sort with an adjustable butt pad and comb.

When I ran a google search I see many of these exist but I have no idea if some are better than others, and personally I like the synthetic stocks better than wood stocks, not sure why though.

Would it be a good move to modify my 870 more towards a trap/skeet gun or should i just leave it be, shoot it and save for a shotgun completely?

When you start looking at adjustable comb and LOP stocks, you're probably best off saving for a different shotgun. If it's just uncomfortable to shoot, then have a gunsmith put on a nice soft recoil pad. If it was an old wingmaster it might be different, but in this case a fancy stock would probably be just putting expensive lipstick on a pig. Good gun, but probably never intended to be a trap gun (the express model that is).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top