Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

remington 700ADL to BDL

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Blane67, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Blane67

Blane67 columbia gorge Active Member

I have a 700 ADL. can the stock be cut out to fit a floorplate ? or better yet can it be modded to fit a clip?:huh:

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Yes, it can. Several manufacturers sell both aftermarket BDL and BDM bottom metal. With the ADL to BDL switch, you change mag box, bottom metal, and either inlet you ADL stock, or buy a BDL Stock. The detachable box mag requires a bit more inletting work. Check out Brownell's catalog. They have several options.

3. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

4. Blane67

Blane67 columbia gorge Active Member

thanx much, doesn't appear too difficult, and relatively inexpensive!

5. twenty20b

twenty20b pacific nw Member

even less if you use the dm parts from remington. i bought my dm parts from brownells. think i paid 35.00 for the floor plate. then i got two clips. works great.

6. cbzdel

cbzdel Tacoma, WA Member

whats the reasoning? just curious why the need for this mod?

I use all my center fire rifles as single shot rifles regardless of how many rounds they hold, just a personal preference.

So just wondering why people would want a detachable magazine, just a preference thing or is there more to it?

7. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Well, the OP's ADL model doesn't have a hinged floor plate to drop out the cartridges as does the BDL model. You have to load and remove cartridges from the top one at a time. Takes more time. Still, those BDL's don't use removable mags.

With removable mags you can load more ammo in them (maybe a 10 round mag) and you can quickly change to a fresh one just as you can with a modern battle rifle.

You would then have all of your options. Quick reloading and easier loading and higher round capacity.

Also, some people might find themselves needing to use it for self defense at some point and then....