JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Remington 700 in 6 mm remington. This is a truly beautiful rifle and is in like new condition. Is very accurate with handloads ( I don't buy factory ammo). Redding dies and some brass included with sale $650.00 ftf with ID in Vancouver area.

Ebay 036.jpg

Ebay 037.jpg

Ebay 038.jpg

Ebay 040.jpg

Ebay 042.jpg

Last Edited:
A correction, Sir. This gun was most probably manufactured much later than 1964. Machine cut checkering and the squared-off forearm cap are the indicators.

This is no dig on your fine gun. It caught my eye (especially the good caliber), but alas! The river seperates us.

Thanks for the info. I checked the markings on the barrel with the Remington site and came up with that year. Will post barrel marking tomorrow . Please let me know what you come up with.. Thanks.... Tried to add pic of number but couldn't get it to go, but it is stamped XLFG Ser# B6512xxx

Last Edited:
Cut (by machine) checkering (as seen on your gun) appeared on the 700 series I believe about 1975-1976. Prior to that, and due to economical reasons, checkering was of the "rolled-on" or "pressed-in" variety (of very little functionality for grip, I might add). Also, checkering in the 700 BDL of early manufacture was of "fleur-de-leis" design (curvy, flowery trim). Early guns show a forearm cap of a more conventional design, rounded, rather than the wider type with sharper corners exhibited here, which matches the design change in the forearm itself to a more "beavertail" contour. These newer stocks sit on sandbags ever so much better than the old design, and the checkering actually works as a friction source for handling. I believe the "skip-line" machine cut checkering seen here is even a more recent feature. My BDL of 1976 with cut checkering was not skip-line, and I had a .300 Magnum BDL lurking around here in year 2001 or so (that was almost new) that showed identical checkering to your gun.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.