JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SPF 6-29 I have a 24" remington 700 bdl varmint special in .308 that I've converted to a tactical/target model. It has app.400-500 rounds through it- all brass, no steel. I am the original owner. It is currently zeroed with hornady tap 168gr. loads. It's shooting 1" groups at 100 yards at this time. I've added the following items:
Remington barreled action- 600.00
HS Precision tactical police stock- 400.00
Picatinny scope base- steel, not alluminum- 125.00
Arms QD scope rings- 150.00
Super Sniper Scope 30mm 10x fixed power scope- 400.00
Harris benchrest bipod- 75.00
I've also done a matte black paint job on the rifle that covers the original gloss bdl finish. The orange peel look in the grip, forearm area is texturing I sprayed on before shooting it with black.
I've got over 1700.00 into this rifle but I'll sell it outright for 1275.00 or trade for the same value. I originally posted it for 1400.00.

I would be open to a combination of trades on the following items:
sig 220, elite or.....
fullsize 5" 1911- kimber,s&w,d.w.
although I'm looking for a full size 45acp, I am open to other types/guns, offers
ammo: 308,12ga,9mm,45acp

View attachment 207071
View attachment 207072
View attachment 207073
View attachment 207074

what was done to the rifle to convert it to tactical?
was any work done to the action?
was any work done to the bolt?
was the barrel trimmed at all? if so what length?
full alum bed stock? or have you bedded the stock?
what are the marks on the bolt itself from?
Has the barrel been crowned or anything?
how did you break the barrel in?

i have the cash in hand i just want to know what the story on the rifle is, for 1400.00 there should be alot done to it. let me know and maybe we can meet up this friday

The gun is a box stock remington 700 bdl varmint special. The 24" barrel is unmodified- not shortened or re crowned. The action/bolt/trigger are unmodified. The marks on the bolt is some of the paint rubbed off. The bolt has factory jeweling under the paint. When I say that I converted it to a tactical, I replaced the factory wood bdl stock and added the picatiny scope mount, h.s precision full length alluminum bedded stock(free floated-no glass bedding as per the stock's instructions) and then painted it myself- not very well I admit.
As far as breaking the barrel in, I've owned this gun for almost 30 years and when I first got it, I'd shoot a full box through it then clean it when I got home. In recent years, when I shot it, I'd fire a 5 round group, then wait for a while then fire another group, then clean it when I got home. The gun shoots beautifully but as I have a dedicated hunting rifle that's much lighter, I just don't shoot this anymore or will not forsee doing so much in the future. Please pm me for further info.
Here's a link for the stock:http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=293581

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.