JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I have an older Remington 700 ADL in 270 Winchester. Believe it was made in 1968. Has a set of Weaver bases with nice rings and a Simmons Deerfield 3-9 scope. (Yeah, cheap scope) Honest wear with bluing loss on the top of the barrel. Looks like gun rack wear and like someone spent a ton of time holding onto the barrel, like a road hunter would!:eek:
Yeah, the stock has some knicks and dings. The gun was pretty filthy when I got it, so I pulled the action from the stock and cleaned it up. No signs of rust, was just full of dust bunnies. The barrel was copper and powder fouled, but I musta used a 100 patches and it cleaned up very nice. Has a very good trigger, too.

guns 180.jpg guns 181.jpg

Last Edited:
These older 700's (from the 60's and '70's) are now gaining a reputation (right or wrong) for being "better" actions and barrels than the newer guns. As a 700 freak who has been treated VERY well by even the new guns, I might reserve judgement as to any assignment of quality toward the earlier versions.

HOWEVER: there are more than a few custom riflemakers that insist on a vintage 700 action upon which to base their reputation for a finished custom gun. That qualification requires me to lend credence to the possibility that "the older ones are better."

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.