Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Remington 597 22LR Semi-auto

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by AndyH, Aug 25, 2009.

1. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

ITEM: Remington 597 22LR Semi-auto Rifle
    CALIBER: .22 LR
    FINISH: Blue
    Stock: Grey Nylon
    CONDITION: Like New Fired less than 200 rounds, Includes one 10 round mag and a couple hundred rounds of Ammo
    Scope: Bushnell Sports View 3X-9X.32 (Scope will need to be sighted in)
    ASKING PRICE: SPF

2. AndyH

Bump

3. AndyH

Final price drop

4. SJS46

SJS46 yamhill county Active Member

PM'ed and bump for a nice gun.

5. AndyH

PM responded to

6. codeman583

codeman583 Central OR Member

why has no-one bought this? is this a bad model or something?

7. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

No. It's an excellent rifle. I've shot them (and my Remington Nylon 66) along with the 10/22 and imho the 597 is a better rifle than the 10/22. We were trading off with several of them and all agreed that the 597 is more accurate for each of us. We had no jambs or other failures. It has a decent trigger.

The knock on the 597 is that early on the mags were plastic and they would fail. They are now metal (be sure to get at least one of those) and problem solved. I've heard that Remington will replace them for free. ??

Another issue is that some tinkerers get the guide rail screws too tight by messing with them. In that case it will give you fits. Just back them almost all the way out until it runs smoothly again.

The 10/22 has a lot more accessories available for it if you're into all that customizing stuff. I'm not for a .22. I just want it to shoot well. It's pretty easy to turn a 10/22 into an $800 gun if you get carried away. :)

The stock 10/22 has too short of a butt stock for me but the 597 doesn't. I'd have to replace the stock on a 10/22, but of course that's a personal preference. You might not agree and you'd be right, for you.

Especially with that scope, this is a big bargain. Snap it up if you need a good stock .22. If I were anywhere near Salem, I'd already own it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.