JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the next round of "Stump the Dummy", I present to you Amtech Ammo. Does anyone remember these?

I was cleaning out another box in my garage and found these. Came out in the early 90s in 38 Special and 9mm. I think they were around for about a year before quietly folding.

88FE2EC4-188B-4577-8595-D9702E6F3240.jpeg

I have about 3/4 of a box right now. The idea behind them was that the cases were cheaper to produce. A box of 38 Special ammo was selling for $5 (wholesale) versus $7 of brass ammo.

The case is reloadable but you had to buy the primed aluminum portions from the company. That killed it for most people. Slightly cheaper than Blazer aluminum.

I did try to reload the cases. Let me just say it was NOT one of my better ideas...

I think it's been tried a few different times over the years. I purchased a case of red polymer cased 223 about 10 years ago that ran fine as long as they didnt meet any resistance feeding. When they did, the bullets set back drastically because they just didnt have the neck tension needed. But revolver ammo wouldn't have that issue!

Here's another example:
True Velocity's New Polymer-cased Ammunition

I think it's been tried a few different times over the years. I purchased a case of red polymer cased 223 about 10 years ago that ran fine as long as they didnt meet any resistance feeding. When they did, the bullets set back drastically because they just didnt have the neck tension needed. But revolver ammo wouldn't have that issue!

Here's another example:
True Velocity's New Polymer-cased Ammunition
I suppose you could have bullet "pull" problems with recoil with a revolver.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top