JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need a variety of parts for a project: Remington model 12 takedown pump .22. Parts include takedown screw, screws for pump, rear sight, and a few other small parts. I'll pay a fair price--not going to try to cheat you.

Thanks for looking!

Last Edited:
Thank you, Sir. I sure appreciate the help.

I have used Numrich before and I was looking at Numrich. They do have most of what I need, but they are really gouging on some of this stuff. For example, they want almost $10 per screw (part #30) for the forearm screws...and so on for the other parts. so I figured I'd try used before I buy new. As a generally rule, Numrich has what a fellow needs, but they know what they can charge and capitalize on that. I respect their right to do so...but I'd rather pay a fellow enthusiast if I can.

I need: #30 (2), #18 (1), #6 (1), (so far that's $70 plus shipping)...and I could also use but don't really need #23,24,&25, as well as a rear sight and butt plate. So, if I got it all from Numrich, I'd be in over $100 for a parts that sell at gun shows for less than half of that. :(

Funny how a fun project can run away so fast!

Ya, parts can get expensive. I had a model 12 many years ago. It was a beater but killed a lot of jacks. Bought and sold for $20. If you are trying to restore it to original, that might be tough for a reasonable price on original parts. The screws can always be substituted, and the sight probably can be as well. Take down screw will probably be harder to come by.

You hit the nail on the head there. This one is just a fun project--I'm making it to be a shooter, not a show piece. If I can find the right thread pattern screws, I can mill or file them to fit the locking screws. I do have a rear sight from an old 10-22 I can use, and any old but plate would work. The retainer pin for the pump is not an essential part for shooting the gun (that's why I listed those as optional).

The parts I'm stuck on are the takedown pin and cartridge retainer. The cartridge retainer is a very commonly lost part...and the folks at Numrich know that. That's why they charge $25.24 for that sliver of metal. Haha. So goes life....so my project just sits in the safe.

Parkrose Hardware has a Brownell's gun screw kit.
I have found assorted firearms screws that fit.
Some I had to file down to length and reblue the ends, but it was a lot cheaper then Numrich for those items.
I just carry in the dis-assembled gun and they let me fit the screws to the piece.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.