JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone in the Portland Metro area have one of these? I keep hovering on getting one but want to check with folks who have real experience with them. Just got my bonus from work, boy did I get lucky-

.308, 24" bbl, ss action. Not really into the sniper thing but like the platform. Comfortable with my AR only out to 300 yds precision, looking for 6-800 tops.

http://www.snipercentral.com/milspec5r.phtml

Keiths had a couple. Just call and they will check their inventory.

If you're looking for flat out accuracy, the 5R is the one. It uses a genuine US Army M24 SWS barrel (before they blacken it) from what I understand. I used to shoot its slightly less accurate brother 700 PSS in .308 at 1000 yard matches. If the wind was dead calm, putting it in a 10" X ring at that distance was no problem.

However, don't fall into the pitfall alot of people do when building precision rifles. $1000 rifle, a $200 scope, and $15 mounts. This equates to a giant waste of money, as you might as well have purchased a 700 w/ a featherweight barrel and a plastic non-floated stock. Get a good quality scope and spend as much as you can on mounts and rings (badger or Lupy Mark 4 stuff will get the job done). The max distance I've used a .308 rifle at has to date been 1,214 yards with a 24" AR-10, placing shots consistently on or very near a small 12x12" target. Who says Semi's aren't as accurate :winkkiss:

Invest some time in good sniper manuals and get good gear, and your .308 rig will surprise you with how accurate it can be at distances closing on those advertised for magnum cartridges.

cimg0613.jpg

Cheers! :s0155:

Kind of what I figured. I have a Valdada scope in mind but definitely a mil-rad system.

Keith's can get one for about $1069 last I heard, I seem them for $950 every now and then.

Also need to try the stock for fit.

Availability at the moment is slim these days.

If you don't mind having it shipped, the shop I used to work at in Tucson, AZ had them consistently for most of 2008. Let me know, I can give them a call on your behalf and if they can scrounge one I'll put you in contact with them

This one seems like a decent deal, esp if gonna suppress it:
<broken link removed>

Lemme know when you pick one up from the above so I can get you my addy for my commission check :)

Krawl,

Where is this guy in WA? I can't get my AR15.com login to work and can't contact him. Sounds like my deal!

Can you forward? Commision a box of 75gr Blackhills .223 hvy match?

I have one.5-r stands for five radial lands instead of square cut land's. This means less resistance,less fouling and more accuracy. Mine has a 8.5x20 x 50mm leupold.It has a H&S trigger guard with detachable mags. And the most important add on was the jewell trigger. It is the most accurate out of the box rifle I've ever owned. Now the Jewel trigger and scope help but I have other rifles with simular equipment that aren't as acurate.
With hand load's it shoot's about 1" at 300 yards. With winchester ball ammo, 1/2" at 100 yrds consistantly.

I give it 2 thumbs up:s0155: