Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR Rem 582 .22 cal tube feed

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by Artpro, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Artpro

Artpro Salem, OR. Artpro Bronze Supporter

SOLD__Remington 580 series noted for their accuracy. This one is no exception. Excellent bore, outside metal is in good shape, wood stock shows ding and scratches. $210/trade FTF, Salem/Wilsonville area. Photo ID required. I'm looking for a 3x9 airgun scope w/close focus, headspace GO gauges. Try me. DSCN1704.JPG DSCN1705.JPG

DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1705.JPG

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Does this rifle have a 581 model number on it? The 581 is magazine fed and the 582 is tube fed. Your post is a bit confusing. Very accurate .22 with a multi-lug bolt like a 788.

3. Artpro

Joken. You are most correct. I should know better. It is a Rem 582. Posting has been corrected.
    I also have a 580 single shot for sale, an own 2 of the "581" that are converted both now single shots. So I guess they're 580s.One is 17HMR other is 17 Hornady Hornet, yes that's coreect 17 Hornady Hornet.

4. Mannywatz

Mannywatz Vancouver wa Member

Hey there nice work! I made one into a 22 hornet! Did you do the centerfire conversion yourself?

5. Artpro

Mannywatz. Welcome to NW Firearms. A good buddy who is a retired tool and die maker did 2of the 580 Hornet conversions at the same time. One left handed for him and a right handed one for me. He's also done one in 9mm and adapted Keltec magazine to it which cycles and feeds really well. BTW, the 17 Horrnet is a hoot to shoot. , I only wish I could find more brass. I think Hornady really let us down on this issue.

6. Mannywatz

Thanks for the welcome this site is awesome! So I imagine you could form brass from hornet brass. Do you reload? If you don't let me know and I'll see if I can't help you out. It's such a shame when the gun companies drop the ball like that. A lot of great guns out there collecting dust with no ammo...

7. Artpro

Good morning. I reload and do have some 22 Hornet brass but I've avoided reforming them to 17 cal. It can be done but the brass is so thin that crushed cases are a problem.

8. Mannywatz

Hmmm I'm sure you've tried going to .20 first but you'd probably still have problems. Have you thought of rechambering to 17 fireball and then downloading it? There's a lot of brass for them and in a real pinch you could form brass from 221, blackout etc.

9. b camp

b camp portland or Member

Hi is this tapped for a scope. Thanks

10. Artpro

Hi. This rifle is grooved for tipoff scope mounts.
    Art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.