JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
SOLD__Remington 580 series noted for their accuracy. This one is no exception. Excellent bore, outside metal is in good shape, wood stock shows ding and scratches. $210/trade FTF, Salem/Wilsonville area. Photo ID required. I'm looking for a 3x9 airgun scope w/close focus, headspace GO gauges. Try me. DSCN1704.JPG DSCN1705.JPG

DSCN1704.JPG

DSCN1705.JPG

Last Edited:
Does this rifle have a 581 model number on it? The 581 is magazine fed and the 582 is tube fed. Your post is a bit confusing. Very accurate .22 with a multi-lug bolt like a 788.

Joken. You are most correct. I should know better. It is a Rem 582. Posting has been corrected.
I also have a 580 single shot for sale, an own 2 of the "581" that are converted both now single shots. So I guess they're 580s.One is 17HMR other is 17 Hornady Hornet, yes that's coreect 17 Hornady Hornet.

Mannywatz. Welcome to NW Firearms. A good buddy who is a retired tool and die maker did 2of the 580 Hornet conversions at the same time. One left handed for him and a right handed one for me. He's also done one in 9mm and adapted Keltec magazine to it which cycles and feeds really well. BTW, the 17 Horrnet is a hoot to shoot. , I only wish I could find more brass. I think Hornady really let us down on this issue.

Thanks for the welcome this site is awesome! So I imagine you could form brass from hornet brass. Do you reload? If you don't let me know and I'll see if I can't help you out. It's such a shame when the gun companies drop the ball like that. A lot of great guns out there collecting dust with no ammo...

Good morning. I reload and do have some 22 Hornet brass but I've avoided reforming them to 17 cal. It can be done but the brass is so thin that crushed cases are a problem.

Hmmm I'm sure you've tried going to .20 first but you'd probably still have problems. Have you thought of rechambering to 17 fireball and then downloading it? There's a lot of brass for them and in a real pinch you could form brass from 221, blackout etc.

Remington 580 series noted for their accuracy. This one is no exception. Excellent bore, outside metal is in good shape, wood stock shows ding and scratches. $210/trade FTF, Salem/Wilsonville area. Photo ID required. I'm looking for a ProChrono digital chronograph, 3x9 airgun scope w/close focus, headspace GO gauges. Try me.View attachment 81022 View attachment 81023
Hi is this tapped for a scope. Thanks

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.