JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all.
Just quickly wanted to say thx for letting me sign up.
I've been shooting for almost a decade. Years ago, my father inherited a few 22lr bolt action guns from his father.
After shooting those, I ended up buying a 20 gauge youth model shotgun. From there, my collection grew to include 4 shotty's, 5 hand guns and 4 rifles (I think?)
I have also reloaded pistol and rifle as well as cast and powder coat my own 9mm.
Currently, I help run the gun counter at a Sportsman's Warehouse.
I ran across this forum in a Facebook group and it reminds me a lot of a similar community in Georgia where I have been living for the last decade.

As a new Oregon resident, the last 6 months have been..... interesting?

Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully I can be of benefit to someone here.

Hi all.
Just quickly wanted to say thx for letting me sign up.
I've been shooting for almost a decade. Years ago, my father inherited a few 22lr bolt action guns from his father.
After shooting those, I ended up buying a 20 gauge youth model shotgun. From there, my collection grew to include 4 shotty's, 5 hand guns and 4 rifles (I think?)
I have also reloaded pistol and rifle as well as cast and powder coat my own 9mm.
Currently, I help run the gun counter at a Sportsman's Warehouse.
I ran across this forum in a Facebook group and it reminds me a lot of a similar community in Georgia where I have been living for the last decade.

As a new Oregon resident, the last 6 months have been..... interesting?

Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully I can be of benefit to someone here.
Why on earth would you give up Georgia for Portland, did you lose a bet?

No seriously, that don't sound like an upgrade.

See, I can say that cause I spent several years west central Georgia, think Columbus and it's metro area...

Welcome to NWFA, you've found the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Once we're able to start using the public lands again, check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

Until then check out Trash No Land.

Welcome to the club. While you're on your super secret probation period here on the forum, one of the very stringent requirements is that you must let us all know ahead of time, when each shipment of ammo is scheduled to arrive at Sportsman's. I don't make the rules, I just don't want you to get in trouble. :s0140:

Welcome to the club. While you're on your super secret probation period here on the forum, one of the very stringent requirements is that you must let us all know ahead of time, when each shipment of ammo is scheduled to arrive at Sportsman's. I don't make the rules, I just don't want you to get in trouble. :s0140:

Oh and OP, you also owe a Moving to Oregon Small Pistol Primer Tax. I am the administrator of this tax. The current rate is one small pistol primer for each mile traveled from your home state to Oregon.

I will expect your submission of 3,000 small pistol primers at my front door no later than this coming Friday.

All sorts. Yesterday, a guy came by and his ID was gritty feeling and seemed to be coated in a "fine white powder"
Turns out he works in a pharmaceutical lab.... we were worried for a minute.
Also to get around the "per day" limits, people have taken to hiding ammo and smokeless powder in the floor models of the vaults.

As part of our pre black Friday sale, we put about 80 bulk boxes of 22lr on the floor. It took a whole 3 days to sell. I was shocked. I expected better....
I found boxes of 22lr 500 count in there the other day

I bet you have some funny stories from working behind the gun counter? Please share?:cool:
[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top