JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the market for a new carry 9mm. I have had 3 Glock 19s and I want to make it work but I usually end up not liking it and selling or trade it. So my question is has anyone here had there Glock grip reduced? If so let's talk about it and maybe see some pictures. Or on other notes what other guns should I try.

I've seen guys shave the finger grooves off with a Dremel and also do soldering iron stipple jobs. I'm not smart enough to know if I removed too much polymer to make the gun structurally compromised, so I run all my Glock lowers stock. If you can live with a single stack, check out the Glock 43. I think you'll find the grip size excellent!

Oops sorry. I should have mentioned my current CCW. I carry a Glock 43 now. I used to carry a m&p9c but I had a herniated disc and the double stack was killing me. So I sold it to get the 43. I was never really happy with the Smith.
I don't think I would want to try it myself on a Glock grip. But I have seen people on YouTube have it done and said it was more comfortable. It's just a thought.

glock 19.png I shaved the finger grooves off my 3rd gen 19, 26, & 30. They just fit me better. the full size 17 & 21/20 fit my hands fine with the grooves.

I can see how that would make your fingers fit better. But I wonder if it's the length from the finger grooves to the back. And the gen4 just adds more size. Idk lol wish I could get the feel of a cz compact on a Glock haha

I can see how that would make your fingers fit better. But I wonder if it's the length from the finger grooves to the back. And the gen4 just adds more size. Idk lol wish I could get the feel of a cz compact on a Glock haha

The gen 4 is a decent amount smaller front to back than the gen 3. You may want to find a range that does rentals and try one out I would be happy to let you try mine but the only gen 4 I have is a 17.

dont get me wrong im all for improvements! i like his ingenuity and if it works for him then that is awesome!

i just think it looks kinda crappy but looks dont always mean functionality.

This:

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - Compact Timberwolf Frame (Bare Frame) - $199.95

They are backordered though.

I have went through my Glock reduction phase years ago and did a few grips myself.
Then I tried a M&P and never looked back. I only wish that S&W made a Glock 19
version of the M&P. Or better yet, a Shield upsized to a G19.

These are really nice feeling frame I have the air soft copy of it that I use to practice on the plate rack in the back yard. I would get myself one for a real gun except that I shoot all my glocks in gssf competition and they have to be all factory parts.

I use a pachmayer grip on my Glock gen 3/4 it feels a lot more comfortable and better grip.

I never have been a fan of modifying frames. Seems like if you need to change a firearm that much you need to buy a different firearm.

And if you ever have/want to sell it your probably going to take a huge loss.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews