JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Afternoon all,

My big bore AR with its MFT minimalist stock is getting a bit brutal on my shoulder. Does anyone have any experience with the FAB Defense GL-Shock? Should I just get a stock that a LimbSaver recoil pad will fit on? Yalls experience would be appreciated.

I ran one on a 12 Guage for my boys when they were younger. It worked ok for its purpose. Some tunes it locked up and was tight others it wobbled. But it did take up enough of the recoil with heavy loads to make a day of shooting doable.

Last Edited:
Have a limb saver on a lever M-88 .308 Win. It definitely helps, more than the ATI's on the grandkids shotguns. The FAB Defense works the best of the 3, that one is on a 308 too. On a BB AR I would go with the FAB Defense.

We have VLTOR's with the thick pads on some 5.56 and 6.8s those work pretty good. Had a Magpul PRS 3 on a 6.5 Creedmoor 24" Savage with a stock brake. The 20" 308 with the FAB Defense (and a brake) is back on target twice as fast. So put a MDT on the Savage and the Magpul is going on a 6mm. The .308 is still faster back on target.

Some folks just don't get that defeating recoil is as much about target reacquisition and spotting your hits, as it is about torn retinas lol. Other folks take a lot of stuff way to serious. :)
He's just teasing
It's a standard locker room thing we have on this site. Keeps us laughing. Me? I've lived a wild life, so my shoulders have taken a beating. To much accidents, football, wrestling, and overall stupid decisions! Hahaha

:D No worries. Just me poking bears!

Both shoulders ripped out myself, the eye doc said to watch recoil cause of a torn retina.

After my partially severed hand was repaired, and I complained about the continuing pain. Dr. told me to "Just quit yer whining and F#@king Cowboy Up" He wa:s0109:sn't kidding either. Dang cowboy doctors.

Afternoon all,

My big bore AR with its MFT minimalist stock is getting a bit brutal on my shoulder. Does anyone have any experience with the FAB Defense GL-Shock? Should I just get a stock that a LimbSaver recoil pad will fit on? Yalls experience would be appreciated.
Buy the Limbsaver recoil pads... and a different Magpul stock to fit it.

FWIW... Nokick.com sells both Limbsaver Magpul designs. ( cheapest I have found, and they come and go quickly )
Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul SL Stocks
Limbsaver Recoil Pad for Magpul Collapsible Stocks

They are both excellent... and FAR softer then the OEM Magpul ones.
Durability wise... my first one from 2012 is still perfect. After many 1,000's of rounds.

What big bore rifle ?

Are you running a brake at all ?

What buffer setup ? ( buffer weight and recoil spring )

Adj. GB ?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads