Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Recently retired and happy to be here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Backfire, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Backfire

Backfire Tualatin, OR Active Member

I'm an avid handloader who enjoys my .22 centerfire varmint rifles, among others. The rifle & pistol ranges at Tri-County Gun Club are my test laboratories for load development. My military background: U.S. Marine Corps, served with 1st MarDiv ground forces in South Viet Nam in 1966-67. 4 years active, 6 years reserve. Professional background: Technical writer & photographer, recently retired and adapting to a different economy of time. In summer and on vacations, I enjoy scuba diving, and I am a PADI-certified Rescue Diver. In winter, I set my scuba gear aside. I enjoy tinkering with my rifles and sidearms. I'm always looking for a varminting opportunity and location.

JohnnyD, erudne, GOG and 5 others like this.
  2. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWF and congrats on your retirement!

Semper Fi brother....

3. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Vancouver Bang Bang

Welcome

4. stavros4570

stavros4570 eugene,or. Member

Welcome! Thanks for your service! Am fairly new here myself. Great bunch here.

5. Backfire

Semper Fi, Mr. Simon99!
    I'm trying to use my time productively, tackling a few projects that have been set aside for a while, and devouring a stack of books that have accumulated for a time such as this. My profile has permitted me space to post 9-10 photos in an album, and I've got a few firearms photos there. Most of my rifles are .22 centerfires, since I seem to have gotten the most "bang for my buck" with .22 reloading components. Wishing you a fine New Year and hope it's off to a good start.

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Welcome from a former diver

7. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard:thumbup:

8. Backfire

erudne and fredball,
    Thank you for your welcome, Gentlemen. Happy to be aboard.
    Ed