JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Saw this ad for rebuilt Glock 10mm. What does "rebuilt" mean? Why was it "rebuilt" I wonder?
No idea. Could just be a gimmick to say it's been checked by a gunsmith (parts replaced as needed) to non matching parts or 3rd party. It doesn't say much, but one line kinda throws a red flag:

"Gun Platform: Glock Component Compatible Style"

What's that supposed to mean? 3rd party internals(??) You could always ask and hope they are going to accurately disclose what's what.

I read 'Rebuilt' as the serialized part (Glock frame) plus new oem replacement parts. I've seen similar Glocks at my local GS and they told me the SKU'd ones were factory returns and resold as rebuilt by the manufacturer with warranty. I don't think the same condition would apply to rebuilds sourced from NWFA classifieds. ;)

No idea. Could just be a gimmick to say it's been checked by a gunsmith (parts replaced as needed) to non matching parts or 3rd party. It doesn't say much, but one line kinda throws a red flag:

"Gun Platform: Glock Component Compatible Style"

What's that supposed to mean? 3rd party internals(??) You could always ask and hope they are going to accurately disclose what's what.
Indeed.
If it says "
  • Gun Platform: Glock Component Compatible Style"
It's not a glock.

Glock does a factory refurb/rebuild on their own pistols. Usually swap out all the little parts and clean the original barrel. I forget what color the label is on those boxes (orange?) but I've ordered a few and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. They look new.

Saw this ad for rebuilt Glock 10mm. What does "rebuilt" mean? Why was it "rebuilt" I wonder?

In the description there is this:
Brand: Refurbished / Used Guns
So my best guess is they mean it was looked over by someone and cleaned up. Poor term to use calling it rebuilt. Unless they are saying it had really been shot so much it needed parts replaced. I rather doubt that.

In the description there is this:
Brand: Refurbished / Used Guns
So my best guess is they mean it was looked over by someone and cleaned up. Poor term to use calling it rebuilt. Unless they are saying it had really been shot so much it needed parts replaced. I rather doubt that.
That's the problem with some places. They could be glock factory "rebuilt/refurbished", but has to make you wonder why they would not clearly state that if they were (most places will) and the same description can be given for anything from, "our guy looked at it and said it's good to go" to... "fully stripped mix-matched slides, frames and barrels with all 3rd party internal "rebuilds""... or even LE retired rebuilds.

When not stated, it's a bit of a red flag buy you can always ask and hope they are telling the truth. The right colored sticker is easy enough to buy and slap on.

As long as it has the Glock factory frame, barrel and slide, the other stuff is trivial to source and replace if not to your liking. If the price is agreeable to you why not pull the trigger?

Personally I wouldn't buy a Glock that did not have 100% Glock parts. If there is an extra threaded barrel or whatever that's fine as long as the original was there. Every bone stock Glock I've seen runs flawlessly. Any Glock malfunctions I've seen are on non stock guns. Clint smith explains it very well imo:

I was initially thinking this might be some sort of Glock recall thing like sig did with the m17 or maybe police trade ins that were "certified" somehow by Glock or some third party outfit. If there is any chance of non stock parts I wouldn't touch it.

Last Edited:
As long as it has the Glock factory frame, barrel and slide, the other stuff is trivial to source and replace if not to your liking. If the price is agreeable to you why not pull the trigger?
These days... it's not all that cheap if you're talking all frame and upper parts. Frame internals will run you $70-ish for bare bones OEM and the slide will run closer to $100. That's not chump change... to consider.

Just asking the seller would likely clear up a lot of guesswork.

If you assume the ad is true with the correct SKU (MPN: PR20501) then the firearm was at some point in its history a Glock factory rebuilt.

There is/was a general product numbering method for all Glock. The second character in the product code "R" indicates rebuilt. (Google Glock Product SKU Number Breakdown) and you can find general info on the numbering meanings.

I guess the important part as noted by others is if the firearm has been modified since the "Rebuild". Buyer beware and I would go with a reputable seller or local GS that I trust.

I don't think that the "Glock compatible" thing really means anything.

If you take a look on their website, you'll see that their brand-new Glocks also say "Gun Platform: Glock Component Compatible Style". I think that's just how they describe all Glocks and Glock clones. If I had to guess, I'd say it was just a factory refurbished, used Glock. If I was going to order one though, I'd probably call them to verify.

I wish I could like large-frame Glocks. I don't have small hands, but every Glock 10mm and .45 that I've shot has felt like holding a 2x4, never felt right to me. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?

"Rebuilt" is kind of horse pucky to me.
Sounds like salesman speak there.

I would be more inclined to respect "recent tune-up by Certified Glock Armorer".
Better yet, no rebuild blabber at all.
When buying a used Glock, it's easy and cheap to replace the "wear parts".

Glock has 34 parts.
It's the easiest pistol on the planet to assemble from a box of parts.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top