JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a 1960 second gen colt that I bought at a local pawn shop earlier this year. It was a "suicide special" in .357 that spent an undetermined period of time laying in a pool of blood and grey matter at some time . The bluing had been destroyed and the metal on the cylinder severely corroded. Normall i shy away from refinishing old colts but this one wasnt the normal wear and tear and had squat for collector value. It was ugly.
So.. I found a NOS 2nd gen 357 cylinder and sent it off to get re-bored in 45 Colt. I found a NOS 45 Colt 2nd gen barrel ( couldnt do that again if I tried ) , an NOS hammer and replaced all the internal parts. Then I sent the gun off to Fords Refinishing for a CCH and blue job . The barrel and cylinder were left with the factory blue. They just texted me the pics and are sending it back monday. I have a nice set of sheeps horn one piece stocks for it that will really make it pop. Then... I'm going to shoot it and shoot it often.

U7kOiL.jpg

A0gfSD.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top