JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across this video about the Reate EXO and was wondering if anyone has hands on feedback for this type of knife.

Is it available locally in Portland metro area?

Ordered one from NC Blade on Tuesday, being delivered USPS today! Talk about fast shipping from the east coast!
Let me know what you think about it. I saw and held a gravity knife at Highlander Swords and Knives in Washington Square. I don't remember if it was made by Reate. I'll have to check again.

I'll stick with my HK. Way less complicated, just slide the tab 1/8" and its ready to use. Pull the tab the same, and its back home.
Zero practice or manipulative techniques required. Comes with tool to totally disassemble to clean the pocket lint out, or change / remove the side clip.
hk1.JPG

I'll stick with my HK. Way less complicated, just slide the tab 1/8" and its ready to use. Pull the tab the same, and its back home.
Zero practice or manipulative techniques required. Comes with tool to totally disassemble to clean the pocket lint out, or change / remove the side clip.
View attachment 1256465
I have a Lightning that look just like your HK. It's not my EDC fighting weapon. It plays a mundane support role.

I have ZT, Benchmade and Kershaw knives that I trust my protection with.

I've owned balisong since it was Pacific Cutlery Company as well as actual Batangas made balisongs.

At Blade West 2019, I picked up a CRKT Snap Lock and Provoke. Which open uniquely.

I own friction folders and Opinel which are also different.

Basically, this type of knife is new to me so, I'd like to hear first hand experience. I'll probably get one just to fidget with.

It retails for $280. It's neat but not 280 bucks neat. I would be leary of pocket carry with it as it looks like the top part could easily open and the blade could fall out and slice up your pocket or stabby stab you if you went off balance.
But now you've got me looking at OTF knives. Dang it. :p

Initial report, it's a cool knife/fidget spinner. Highly addictive to play with. Quality seems top notch, and the machining is impeccable. It came with a cheesy sheath, box, and spare screws. I look at it like my NAA Pug, something cool to show your buddies at a BBQ.

Shout out to NC Blade, the company i ordered it from. They manged to ship it cross country in 2 days. They included a handwritten thank you note, and some candy.

Regardless of the fact that it is an inevitable component of out-the-front designs, I can't see spending $280 on a knife with a wiggly blade. $280 should buy the amazing OTF that doesn't have any play.

It retails for $280. It's neat but not 280 bucks neat. I would be leary of pocket carry with it as it looks like the top part could easily open and the blade could fall out and slice up your pocket or stabby stab you if you went off balance.
Speaking of OTF's, if you are thinking about getting one go Microtech, expensive for a knife but the double edge otf's are surprisingly sharp, also very well made.

Speaking of OTF's, if you are thinking about getting one go Microtech, expensive for a knife but the double edge otf's are surprisingly sharp, also very well made.
I didn't get any microtechs because I have the Benchmade infidel. But I've heard good things about them.

I have a recognition card from work that they add money to, I plan on using that to buy the next knife.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top