JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Smith and Wesson Model 41 that is in Really REALLY BAD Shape. Does anyone know of any one who does the Electroless Nickel Plateing? Thanks a bunch. I am looking to get this done and would like someone who has had something already done.:):):)

I'd like to find someone who is local and if they can do the Work in the Same Day it would also be a big Plus.

Joe13; Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look but Vancouver it quite a bit further than I would like to go.

I got an email from Him and he can't help me and doesn't know anyone. So I'm still looking.

Last Edited:
Ford's is talked about lot - but I've heard both praise and some gripes. As well, they are in FL. What does Smith's site say?
Yes, I know about Fords' work and it's Excellent. I just didn't want to be sending it to the "Other Side of the Planet". I may just to get my Electroless Nickel Plateing setup going again. The Finish is Outstanding and that's really what I want.

Jon at NW doesn't do this type of work. They would do a Bead Blast and Bluing for $155.00 if I do the Disassembly and Reassembling, which I can do.

Electroless is not a difficult process for a normal gunsmith, mine used to do it but he is getting older and being more selective about the projects he takes on. Some time ago, I was thinking of having my new (to me) Python done but when I finally got my hands on the gun, the blue is so good that it isn't worth messing with. There were several companies that came up on a google search but I think it needs to be a gunsmith that can do a proper disassembly and refit. It isn't an electrical process requiring a lot of equipment like traditional Nickle or chrome. I looked around the Colt sites and there were names of guys that had done contract work for Colt. Brownell's sells the kits for it.......maby you have discovered a new busisness opportunity.

Thanks for the replies. I've done the Plating process myself. I still have most of the parts but would have to get some things. I guess I'll do a bit more looking. Again, Thanks for the replies.

Am wondering what you mean by really bad shape??? If its pitted, you could make it a range beater with Cera-Kote or some other baked on coating. Or parkerize it?

What I mean by Really Bad shape. About the only thing that hasn't happened to the receiver is pitting. It's lost the bluing in several places and one side has an area that looks like it was hit with a file. I used to do the Electroless Nickel Plateing and I really like how it looks. This would also make it stand out in my Collection of Model 41s.:)

What I mean by Really Bad shape. About the only thing that hasn't happened to the receiver is pitting. It's lost the bluing in several places and one side has an area that looks like it was hit with a file. I used to do the Electroless Nickel Plateing and I really like how it looks. This would also make it stand out in my Collection of Model 41s.:)
Gotcha. Well, if you want something done right...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top