JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While I am waiting for the gubmint to approve my ThunderBeast 30P-1, naturally I am looking at things to spend money on so my other guns can accept it.

I have an older Olympic Arms AR-M4 with the short barrel and a welded on extension that makes it legal and makes it look like a 20 gauge. I'm not sure what this configuration is called.

This gun is an old pre-ban shooter with a slide fire stock and is just for killing zombies. :gun11: I am thinking about changing the barrel to something like this so that I can put my suppressor on it.

DPMS AP4 Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 9 Twist 16 Chrome

I am also interested in the gas piston conversion kits. Opinions on the conversion on the zombie killer vs buying a gun with it already on it? Some kits use the existing front sight post
Osprey Defense OPS-416 Gas Piston Retrofit Conversion Kit AR-15

And some replace it
CMMG Gas Piston Retrofit Conversion Kit Gas Block 1-Piece Bolt Carrier

Thoughts?

You would want a 5.56 chamber. Are you going to get your can welded onto a short barrel or a 16" so you can take ot on and off? The benefit of running a piston system is it keeps your rifle cleaner..

The existing barrel would not be legal without the welded on extension and no, I would not weld a screw on can to a barrel. :rolleyes:

What I am after with the new barrel are the threads necessary to attach a suppressor.

"What I am after with the new barrel are the threads necessary to attach a suppressor"
NO
Now get oyver to silincertalk.com and ask a bunch of ??? about the options.

I was going to offer a barrel install. I could get a barrel if you needed one also. But whatever ...
i build AR's all the time and make cans at a local ffl. (Legal ones)I was just wanting to know more about your thoughts you could of wanted to build a sbr (legal) with the paper work. Sorry for the inconvenience. And to waste your time..

I was going to offer a barrel install. I could get a barrel if you needed one also. But whatever ...
i build AR's all the time and make cans at a local ffl. (Legal ones)I was just wanting to know more about your thoughts you could of wanted to build a sbr (legal) with the paper work. Sorry for the inconvenience. And to waste your time..

Dude,you tried,just go back to your regular programing. He'll figure it out

White Oak Armament 18". Have a smith cut and re thread for your 30P, or run an adaptor on the stock threads of a 16". They are 1:7 twist and absolute hammers with 77g SMK'S. I've on my 5th, and they shoot into 5/16" at 100y.