Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RCBS 3-die carb TC set 9mm Luger

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by amcardon, Sep 13, 2011.

1. amcardon

amcardon Mustang, OK Member

A buddy gave me these dies to start reloading (RCBS site). I was planning on using another friend's press who offered to help me learn the process but he has a Lee and these are RCBS and aren't interchangeable... Anyway, I now have a box of dies I can't use that are collecting dust so why not get rid of them? I also have some (not exactly sure how much, maybe 200 rds) of 9mm brass to go along with it...

As far as I know these are NIB but, since I can't guarantee they are/are not used, I am selling them AS-IS for $40 OBO or trading them.

Since I got these dies I have gotten rid of all but one of my 9's and have converted everything to .40 and .45.

I really don't need anything right now but the trades I am interested in (+/- $) are:

Lee Precision Pro 1000 45 ACP press
    Compact/Officer's 7-rd 1911 mags
    picatinny/rail mount laser

IMG_20110913_153208.jpg

IMG_20110913_153120.jpg

2. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

fwiw,Lee and RCBS dies and presses should be interchangble I'd think.

3. amcardon

For the most part, they are. But, my friend uses a progressive loader that uses a powder thru expanding die (not part of the 3-die set listed) and he only loads .40 S&W. I need to load .45 ACP (different primers, not a huge deal) and I will also be moving from the area once I'm done with school and I'd like to have some experience with a setup I can be trained on before I start looking at other presses.

Well all that, and the fact that the only 9mm we have anymore is my wife's carry firearm, just doesn't justify reloading 9mm! ;) The Lee press I linked to sells for $126 (refurb'd) so I figured why not sell the 9mm dies and put that towards a press...

4. amcardon

bump...

5. gunsmith007

gunsmith007 salem,oregon Member

all presses newer than about 1950 are standard 7/8 x14 thread and rcbs dies are 7/8 x14 thread therefore they will interchange and fit

6. amcardon

Yes sir, that is correct, these should fit any press. I needed "powder thru expanding dies" to use in my friend's press, which is why I couldn't use these but, as long as your press doesn't require this feature, they should fit in any press...

7. xuph18cdw

xuph18cdw Salem, Oregon Member

Any chance this die set is still for sale???????????????????????