JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lady I know brought me her little Raven 25acp to clean it up. Never volunteer. Lots of purse and pocket lint! Worse of all it wouldn't fire! I have always heard what a p.o.s. they are, now I see why. The grips actually hold the functional bits in place, if your grips come loose you're screwed. Well I cleaned it up and got it working. Gave it back. Oh well it could have been worse, coulda been an RG, or an FIE.

Anything like the little pot metal Rohm .25acp? I've got one of them! :D Never shot it though. It was given to me some years ago after I told the gal she'd probably have to pay someone to take it off her.

Lady I know brought me her little Raven 25acp to clean it up. Never volunteer. Lots of purse and pocket lint! Worse of all it wouldn't fire! I have always heard what a p.o.s. they are, now I see why. The grips actually hold the functional bits in place, if your grips come loose you're screwed. Well I cleaned it up and got it working. Gave it back. Oh well it could have been worse, coulda been an RG, or an FIE.
The Beretta 21A is like that too.
You shot it before cleaning and then cleaned it and then it worked?
They're pretty bad.. they're not drop safe and parts are prone to break but in my experience they're accurate and reliable unless the striker breaks.

There y'all go rappin on my pimp specials. I know Mike doesn't like my PF-9, or my Raven, but they both shoot and I'm not big enough to CC anything any larger. I even bought a .22lr adaptor for the PF-9 and my wife loves it. Says it's just like shooting a pellet gun.:)

So far both have worked when I've needed them to and if push comes to shove, either one beats a sharp pencil. :s0093: Just don't try to give me a Star .380. Those suckers bite. :eek:

The Beretta 21A is like that too.
You shot it before cleaning and then cleaned it and then it worked?
They're pretty bad.. they're not drop safe and parts are prone to break but in my experience they're accurate and reliable unless the striker breaks.
I guess we are just plain lucky. Nor have I ever come across such an opine.
Our Bobcat is going on 32 years and while it isn't the range boss, and has a down side in its weight for carry, it does get used regularly. So does at least one of the two we have recommended to friends with the same affliction my wife has of small hands having a hard time racking. With the first two bought new, and one used, none so far have given us cause for distrust and I still recommend them (if you insist on a 32).
Nonetheless, it is a 32, and for those who have never had one, you'll be taken aback with just how tiny the round actually is! A 22 long and 22 mag are more impressive in visual comparison to me.

There y'all go rappin on my pimp specials. I know Mike doesn't like my PF-9, or my Raven, but they both shoot and I'm not big enough to CC anything any larger. I even bought a .22lr adaptor for the PF-9 and my wife loves it. Says it's just like shooting a pellet gun.:)

So far both have worked when I've needed them to and if push comes to shove, either one beats a sharp pencil. :s0093: Just don't try to give me a Star .380. Those suckers bite. :eek:
No, I like YOUR PF 9 just fine! It was ours/hers I didn't like. Keltec did fix it. That didn't change the fact that for a first gun for an average/petite woman really shouldn't be a mouse gun. Her next gun after that was an SP01. That was a little heavy for her to carry. She went for the LC9 for carry for a good while. Now she's got a Sig 938 with her when she carries.

My hands have fingers way too long to comfortably shoot guns such as the Keltec and LC9's long heavy trigger pull.

I have a raven .25 acp, never had a problem with it. don't shoot it a lot and don't carry it for obvious reasons, but 30 years and no problems.

I guess we are just plain lucky. Nor have I ever come across such an opine.
Our Bobcat is going on 32 years and while it isn't the range boss, and has a down side in its weight for carry, it does get used regularly. So does at least one of the two we have recommended to friends with the same affliction my wife has of small hands having a hard time racking. With the first two bought new, and one used, none so far have given us cause for distrust and I still recommend them (if you insist on a 32).
Nonetheless, it is a 32, and for those who have never had one, you'll be taken aback with just how tiny the round actually is! A 22 long and 22 mag are more impressive in visual comparison to me.
Yea, when the grip screws loosen, and they will, and the grips fall off, parts aplenty will accompany them.

As inexpensive as they were, of all cheap guns, the Ravens had a reputation for reliability. Keep 'em clean, fresh springs now and then and they'll run. Good for face shots to disorient bad guys.

Real-Weights-006.jpg
It worked. .25 ACP (That is until I replaced it.)

Real-Weights-007.jpg
Yes, this also worked. .32 ACP

Real-Weights-008.jpg
And so does this. 9mm

Real-Weights-009.jpg
And for those times when you might want a little larger. 9mm

Up To You!

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I just looked up "Saturday night special" on wiki and guess what photo they have under definition of Saturday night special!
93434992-BB39-402C-B24F-448220EF95D8.jpeg
523035A2-0D35-45F1-B2DB-8FB2F242A58D.jpeg

Some time ago someone who isn't me was dragged by his wife to a well known thrift store where the items are donated and the profits used for good will. Some of these stores have bins where some of the stuff is just dumped, brought to the floor and people dig through it and buy it by the pound. This guy found a box at the bottom and knew exactly what was in it. It was a Raven with an almost full box of ammo to go with it. It appeared have maybe just a few rounds through it. The fact that someone would just dump it there speaks volumes.

In about 1980 I bought one. It has never failed to fire, never failed to eject, etc... I think I paid $29.99 for it.
During the Covid panic buying I sold it for $150. I can't really complain. DR

Many folks are unaware that the .25 Cal Raven was never meant to be fired. It was built at the behest of California liberals that are terrified of all guns, yet wanted to be able to display or "flash" a handgun in the event that their Starbucks latte' didn't have the correct amount of foam. The "gun" is actually made to be thrown at anyone defending the 2nd Amendment. Hy-Point is now designing the latest version of the non-firing "gun" for purse carry only.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top