Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RAS for LMT M4

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Iceberg, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I have a LMT standard patrol rifle (M4) w/ the standard oval hand guard. I have mounted my optics, Trijicon NSN Reflex on the upper receiver. I’m considering buying a rail system handguard for it. I’ve seen Knight’s Armament USGI sets (w/ covers & handle) for less than $200 on eBay. I do not want to remove and replace my front sight housing. Are there any real quality differences in available rail systems? Is there one I should be looking at? There seems to be quite a few options available for our M4 type rifles.

Hunting009.jpg

2. wsu 5.9er

wsu 5.9er Spanaway WA Member

It would depend on what you want to do with it. For mounting optics, you'll need a free-float system like the Daniel Defense Omega 7 for around $250. For just mounting a grip, light, etc, any railed handguard would work. I prefer the drop-in ones from Midwest or Troy for around $130.

3. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

The RAS is a high quality unit. The way the top and sides locks up is pretty cool. On the flip side, the bottom rail can have a slight bit of side to side play when you use the leverage of a vertical front grip. You can find them for the same price as the Troy or Midwest if you look around. I wouldn't pay more then that though.

4. Iceberg

I bought a set off of EE for $160 delivered.

KACRAS.jpg

5. brausso

brausso Mill Creek, WA Member

can I ask where you purchased that set?

6. Iceberg

I bought it on eBay & it is USGI.

Here it is installed on my LMT M4.

Hunting002.jpg