JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked it up from someone obviously cleaning out the attic. The pages are crisp, clean, with no water damage. the Cover is still bright, with a small crease and nick in the middle (i'm assuming where something was sitting on it in the old war chest. No writing to speak of except what appears to be the original owner's name.

This book contains not only the Infantry Drill Regulations, but:
"Rifle Caliber .30, M1, Garand Rifle"
"Infantry Pack and Equipment"
"Military Discipline and Courtesy"
And
"Interior Guard Duty"

5 manuals in one.

In my research I found very little on this book, as far as origins. My best guess is it was a book you could buy post-training in the military shops, probably as a replacement, or meant for officers.
This is not a reproduction, as the only dates within the book are from 1938/1939 for the Drill Regulations, and "3rd Printing, 1941" for the additional manuals. Which contain original WWII era photos, drawings, and pictorals.

This would be an awesome addition to any collectors bookshelf. If for the M1 Garand Section alone.
*.*

$40 In trade goods, $30 Cash (No Extra to mail it) OBO

Trade goods would be:
9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R rounds (all types, mixed)
Magazines and Stripper clips for Hi-Point C9 9mm, SKS, and Mosins
(or an SKS extended fixed mag)
Similar enticing items for those weapons and calibers (brass, reloading stuffs, etc.)

field manual.JPG

Last Edited:
Since you included that statement I'm going to call you on it. Please show me where it is selling for $100?

Unfortunately I just searched for an hour looking for those auctions and I can't find them. It was when I first picked up the book about a year ago, found the little info I could on it and auctions at 2 sites, 1 for $80, 1 for like, $107. I'll remove the reference.

$40 In trade goods, $30 Cash (No Extra to mail it) OBO

Trade goods would be:
9mm, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R rounds (all types, mixed)
Magazines and Stripper clips for Hi-Point C9 9mm, SKS, and Mosins
(or an SKS extended fixed mag)
Similar enticing items for those weapons and calibers (brass, reloading stuffs, etc.)[/QUOTE]

Are you interested in a trade for ammo cans?
I have nice 30 cal. and 50 cal. cans available.
Bruce

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top