JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$700
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Everett
State
Washington
Zip Code
Hello!
I am excited to join Northwest Firearms and even more excited to find an Owner that would Love nothing more than to own this fine, hard to find piece I am selling!

I acquired the knife at a Storage Auction about 5 years ago and have been looking for a place to sell it.

I have only found 2 like this after countless searches on the Web, and one was previously listed on here. It appears there were a few people interested but didn't get the opportunity to Own it.

So what I can tell you is that this knife is believed to date back to around 1925 and also priced by a reputable source on their website for $999.99. I have included info from the previous Member of Northwest Firearms to help determine as accurate of a date for the knife as follows:

Pieces that were made after 1891 were marked by the Origin of the Country they were made in. Once the McKinley Tariff Act was passed, pieces from Japan became marked "Nippon" which is the transliteration of the Japanese word "Japan". After 1915 the words "Made In" were added, and in 1921 U.S. Customs required the Origin be written in English so, the word "Nippon" now became "Japan". Items marked "Made in Occupied Japan" were made between February 1947 and April 1952.

This information leads us to believe that the TASHIRO CO Balisongs were made after 1921 and before 1947. Also they appear to be made in the same fashion as the German and Kabar models using one solid piece of brass that folded over with the Origin and Company's name inscribed on it.

I Have held onto this Knife long enough and hope to Sell it to a Collector/Hobbyist/Alike.

Thank You for looking.

20190115_113002-1.jpg 20190115_113055-1.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Closing sale ad...as the item is illegal under the admittedly vaguely worded Washington state knife law.
Under "Spring knife " :
"...any knife having a blade which opens , or falls , or is ejected into position by the force of gravity or by a outward , downward , or centrifugal thrust or movement..."
Andy

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top