Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

rare, 1 of a kind firearms for sale

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by JZO, Jul 22, 2010.

1. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

Update, sorry for posting in wrong section. I will repost in classfieds later, I'm really looking for info on these rather than selling them.

Well I have been holding on to these things for some time now and it's time to let them go. These 2 pistols are 1 of a kind, custom built for Steve Davidson in Idaho by the following gunsmiths.

W.F. Vickery
    Spence Madsen - trigger
    Al Miller - stockmaker
    P.O. Ackley - Barrel

The Top pistol is a Sharps Borchardt action in 7mm
    The bottom is a hepburn action and the barrel is made from a Carcano, 6.5 mm

These pistols were featured in the 1950 Idaho sportsman and horseman magazine, see article below. I am open to all reasonable offers for each of these. I know there is some Idaho history here and would like to get these to someone who can appreciate their background. Also I would love any history anyone can give me on these since I only know what I have read about them in this magazine. The holster is made for this gun and is amazing.

Thanks,
    Josh

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

2. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

Here is the article on them

IMAG0075.jpg

3. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

If you're trying to sell these they need to be posted in the classified section. Nice set of pistols though:thumbup:

4. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

I do have these in WA and I also have the 4479 forms for all of them. I called the ATF when I aquired these and before I transported them to WA, They said based on the age of these, when they were altered and the inability to get ammo for them, they are ok.

5. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

Thanks, Here is a pic of another. This one is a 22 hornet. Not sure exactly what action this is other than it says " Remington's ILION. NY, USA PAT. MAY 30 NOV15th 1864 APRIL 17th 1866"
    IMAG0080.jpg

6. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I moved your thread for you so you don't need to make a new one.

Why are these NFA items?

Rifle made to a pistol perhaps?

7. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

Nice, Thanks!
    Yes, I was told that because they are rifle to pistol conversions. Not 100% sure, just going off of what I was told.

Cocktailer,
    were you the guy at the gun show selling the AOW shotgun?

8. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

JZO do you have a "Form 4" or "Form 1" NFA tax stamp in "your" name for each of these?

90faa83fazq3.jpg

9. coctailer

Yup, That was me.

I'm not familiar with rifle to pistol conversions. What kind of paperwork is involved?

10. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

No, Just the 4479 forms. I was told that I was ok since these were considered relics

11. coctailer

I guess you are right. These probably are SBRs. If they were "born" with a butt-stock, they couldn't be AOWs.

There may be another avenue that I am not seeing in my beer-induced state.:laugh:

12. Trlsmn

I'm going to close this Ad down until this has been straightened out, sorry.

13. coctailer

That could be cool.

My brain is knackered today, but I'm sure others can chime in on the legality of these.

Not trying to be a "stick in the mud"
    Just want to make sure you are not going to get in trouble.

14. Trlsmn

Thread reopened. I can't find anything to say this is an NFA weapon. So if this is legal it cannot be an NFA weapon and you need to change your description.

15. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Those are Remington Rolling Block pistols built around the same time as their single shot rifle. If I remember correctly they were built for the Navy and were used also later on as a target handgun.

16. JZO

JZO Vancouver Member

Thanks! from what I can tell, you are correct. After digging around, I beleive this one is a remington model 1871 that was made in 50 cal. Also after reading the article I attached, I see that this is correct. Anybody have any ideas what this thing is worth? It doesnt have the origonal barrel , This one is 22 hornet, but the action and grip appear to be unaltered. The strap from the stock up to the trigger guard is not factory and was removed with no alteration to the frame.

IMAG0080.jpg

17. gunluvver

gunluvver Hillsboro, OR Member

If the original receivers were made before 1899, no paperwork needed, they're antiques and are exempt from NFA.