JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Update, sorry for posting in wrong section. I will repost in classfieds later, I'm really looking for info on these rather than selling them.

Well I have been holding on to these things for some time now and it's time to let them go. These 2 pistols are 1 of a kind, custom built for Steve Davidson in Idaho by the following gunsmiths.

W.F. Vickery
Spence Madsen - trigger
Al Miller - stockmaker
P.O. Ackley - Barrel

The Top pistol is a Sharps Borchardt action in 7mm
The bottom is a hepburn action and the barrel is made from a Carcano, 6.5 mm

These pistols were featured in the 1950 Idaho sportsman and horseman magazine, see article below. I am open to all reasonable offers for each of these. I know there is some Idaho history here and would like to get these to someone who can appreciate their background. Also I would love any history anyone can give me on these since I only know what I have read about them in this magazine. The holster is made for this gun and is amazing.

Thanks,
Josh

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

Well I have been holding on to these things for some time now and it's time to let them go. These 2 pistols are 1 of a kind, custom built for Steve Davidson in Idaho by the following gunsmiths.

W.F. Vickery
Spence Madsen - trigger
Al Miller - stockmaker
P.O. Ackley - Barrel

These pistols were featured in the 1950 Idaho sportsman and horseman magazine, see article below. I am open to all reasonable offers for each of these. I know there is some Idaho history here and would like to get these to someone who can appreciate their background. Also I would love any history anyone can give me on these since I only know what I have read about them in this magazine. The holster is made for this gun and is amazing.

Thanks,
Josh

If you're trying to sell these they need to be posted in the classified section. Nice set of pistols though:s0155:

I do have these in WA and I also have the 4479 forms for all of them. I called the ATF when I aquired these and before I transported them to WA, They said based on the age of these, when they were altered and the inability to get ammo for them, they are ok.

Thanks, Here is a pic of another. This one is a 22 hornet. Not sure exactly what action this is other than it says " Remington's ILION. NY, USA PAT. MAY 30 NOV15th 1864 APRIL 17th 1866"
IMAG0080.jpg

Nice, Thanks!
Yes, I was told that because they are rifle to pistol conversions. Not 100% sure, just going off of what I was told.

Cocktailer,
were you the guy at the gun show selling the AOW shotgun?

Those are Remington Rolling Block pistols built around the same time as their single shot rifle. If I remember correctly they were built for the Navy and were used also later on as a target handgun.

Those are Remington Rolling Block pistols built around the same time as their single shot rifle. If I remember correctly they were built for the Navy and were used also later on as a target handgun.

Thanks! from what I can tell, you are correct. After digging around, I beleive this one is a remington model 1871 that was made in 50 cal. Also after reading the article I attached, I see that this is correct. Anybody have any ideas what this thing is worth? It doesnt have the origonal barrel , This one is 22 hornet, but the action and grip appear to be unaltered. The strap from the stock up to the trigger guard is not factory and was removed with no alteration to the frame.

IMAG0080.jpg

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.