Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

R.I.P. Ed McMichael, aka, The Tuba Man...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RainbowBob, Apr 4, 2009.

1. RainbowBob

RainbowBob North Seattle Member

This is just a sad ending to a sad story. And the light sentences given to his murderers are an unholy outrage. I hope these vicious punks never have another moment of undisturbed sleep before suffering thier own untimely deaths.

2. RainbowBob

Ed McMichaels, aka The Tuba Man, was murdered by a gang of juveniles who were sentenced yesterday.

They got maximum sentences of 36 to 72 weeks!

With time served, they’ll be out in no more than 3 to 12 months – even less if they behave themselves in juvie.

For murder.

I give ‘em a 50/50 chance (at best) to NOT be involved in another violent crime before their 21st birthdays.

God protect their next victims.

Apparently we refuse to.

After all…they’re just kids.

I seem to be the only person in this town that’s outraged. Even the victim’s brother was happy to see the murderers express “sincere” remorse, and was glad the courts gave them another chance to make something of their lives.

My own brother, a juvenile court judge, thought it was appropriate.

When I mentioned I thought they should do long, hard time…he said it was a good thing it wasn’t up to me.

WTF?

Is it me? Have I become a cranky old S.O.B. completely out of step with the sensibilities of my Oh-So-PC city?

Incidentally, this happened at the Seattle Center, where our mayor would insist we should not step foot if we are carrying a firearm for self-defense.

Bah!

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

It's not just you.

4. nwg19

nwg19 Auburn WA. Member

It is an absolute travesty. They basically got away with MURDER!!!! I wonder how much rehearsing it took to get them to cry so convincingly in court.
    It makes me wanna puke.gif

5. chopped&bobbedburb

chopped&bobbedburb milwaukie Member

After they get out of Jail they should be rounded up and taken to a remote location and beat to death with a TUBA ! I hope they get HURT while behind bars . The justice in this country is such a joke .

6. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

It is were you live surrounded by liberals so far you havent cought it but you are in grave danger of losing your moral compass like your brother did.

7. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

Seriously! They should be in jail for 25 years or more! They murdered someone! It is an outrage!

8. Fobos

Fobos Montana/Oregon Member

I like the terms: " teens, student, boy, teens." The reporter uses wholesome , good nature language meant to illicit support for the three menaces,instead of calling these scum what they are, such as: Muggers, punks, delinquents, and murderers.

I would also wadge that our young pranksters are of Latino decent, but we can't bring that up, it wouldn't be politically correct.
    Yellow journalism is all this is. The paper should be called the Seattle Crimes.

9. jackrocks59

jackrocks59 tigard Member

This makes me sick! wierd guy or not he deserved the right to enjoy himself. karma will get those worthless bubblegums. I hope they die a slow death someday...

10. jackrocks59

jackrocks59 tigard Member

that word bubble gum was changed!!! I did not write that word.....this site changed it....you guys know what it was supposed to say....

11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The Judiciary/Law Enforcement system does NOT make the laws, they enforce/uphold them (except when it comes to Illegal Aliens :rolleyes:), and it's obvious THEY are just as frustrated by this type of situation as well, but their hands are tied to a large extent. The people have GOT to stop voting for the same old schmucks who make these stupid laws... otherwise NOTHING will chage, except that things will get worse. :banghead:

Kids are NOT dumb, and they KNOW when they are being handled by "ametuers". Case in point; listen to the song by The Offspring- "Come Out & Play". One line says "If you`re under 18 you won`t be doing any time", and refelcts the attitudes of young punk-thugs... here's the lyrics.

Like the latest fashion
    Like a spreading disease
    The kid`s are strapin`on their way to the classroom
    Getting weapons with the greatest of ease
    The gangs stake their own campus locale
    And if they catch you slippin` then it`s all over pal
    If one guy`s colors and the others don`t mix
    They`re gonna bash it up
    Hey -man you talkin`back to me?
    Take him out
    You gotta keep `em seperated
    Hey-man you disrespecting me?
    Take him out
    You gotta keep `em seperated
    Hey they don`t pay no mind
    If you`re under 18 you won`t be doing any time
    Hey come out and play
    By the time you hear the siren
    It`s already too late
    One goes to the morgue and the other to jail
    One guy`s wasted and the other`s a waste
    It goes down the same as the thousands before
    No one`s getting smarter
    No one`s learning to score
    Your never ending spree of death and violence and hate
    Is gonna tie your own rope

12. RainbowBob

But you did anyway...and you would lose that bet.

What difference should their race make? Asking that question isn't being "PC" - I'm pointing out that the race of a violent predator should be irrlevent to the disposition of the case.