JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there's another thread about this, but I'm kinda taking this in a different direction.

I understand that the ATF seems to be most interested in the buy / build / shoot kit. None of these items in the kit are considered firearms by the ATF, but I guess they don't like it when you group them all together. They say "it's readily available to be converted to fire a projectile".

This had me wondering over the last couple days. What about FFLs / vendors who may not necessarily have the buy build shoot kit, but have a 80% lower on the shelf in the same store that also has slides, barrels and lower parts kits? What about us at home? What if we don't have the buy build shoot kit but we have slides, barrels, p80 frames and parts laying around? Is the atf going to consider that "readily available....."?

The logic behind this is pretty scary. An item that the ATF says verbatim is not classified as a firearm is now being confiscated because it's packaged with other non firearm parts?
Also, since it's legal for a non prohibited person (depending on your state) to make their own firearm, does this mean now that there is LESS of a risk of having a bunch of finished 80%'s already built and assembled rather than having the parts to build one laying around?

These are scary and confusing times

Yes it is and it is also why legal action needs to be taken by the gun industry and by gun owners , this truly is the slippery slope . if you want to learn something that will unsettle your nerves read the bill that would ban the sale of 80% frames and make it illegal to make , buy or sell one.

The proposed bill would not make it illegal for you to make a gun but you would have to go to an FFL get a serial number and then apply the serial number to the gun after you build it, then you would be required to go to the FFL for them to verify the serial number and record the make model in their records. You would also be required to pay a license fee for the serial number.

Bills - HR7115 A BILL To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade fire-arms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.

Yes it is and it is also why legal action needs to be taken by the gun industry and by gun owners , this truly is the slippery slope . if you want to learn something that will unsettle your nerves read the bill that would ban the sale of 80% frames and make it illegal to make , buy or sell one.

The proposed bill would not make it illegal for you to make a gun but you would have to go to an FFL get a serial number and then apply the serial number to the gun after you build it, then you would be required to go to the FFL for them to verify the serial number and record the make model in their records. You would also be required to pay a license fee for the serial number.

Bills - HR7115 A BILL To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade fire-arms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.
Wow.
That on top of bidens new plan. Not that trump was pro 2a or anything, but ****, idk what the hell im going to do if I have to register well over 200 magazines at 200 a pop plus all the semi autos I own. I mean... used to own before the boating accident

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top