JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So Im going to go visit my dad in Ca, I wanna take my evil black rifles and my pistols that have more than a 10 cap....
Question that I cant seem to find an answer to is can I?
I called the local sheriff and he didnt seem to have a clue, called the local gun shop, they said I was good to go as I was traveling and not a resident. I'm pretty sure that they are probably right, but Id rather be safe than sorry.

So Im curious has anyone gone down to Kalifornia with their toys?

youve found out now, what i found out many years ago.

sometimes our LEOs dont know much or are not consistant.

you should think really hard about what you have to loose if they decided they dont like you down there.

in the mean time, do more research and i would look at their AGs web site. i personally wouldnt take peoples opinon about the what nots on this, get it direct from the horses mouth. i would email the AG down there and ask the point blank.

im not sure if the lead ban is in affect? you may want to check that also.

So I talked to the Bureau of Firearms down there, they had one single answer for most all questions. No. Dont even bring them into the state for any reason. So well that answers that. I cant take a single firearm I own...not counting revolvers or shotguns....and well only a few of those as well...into the state. How pathetically lame. So glad I live here.

+1 Oregon

So I talked to the Bureau of Firearms down there, they had one single answer for most all questions.

Basically, that sounds right. The guns you take to some place to visit must be legal to own in that place. Thus you have to conform to CA laws (mag cap, "evil" features, etc.). Take the ones that conform, leave the others at home.

Yes, CA sucks, but the law is going our way. It may take years more of litigation, but that's how it works. The dawn, she is just a breakin'...

I don't have the time to look this up right now, but I know that if you are traveling THROUGH the state, you can have any gun that is legal under federal laws. I looked this up when I was moving from Ft. Riley, Kansas out to Portland. I can't quote an exact source, but I found out that all federally legal guns can be transported through any state. I believe there are "no longer than" travel time frames (i.e. 4 or 5 days). I don't know about visiting though.

Yeah its a pain in the ***...but what can ya do.
I'm just trying to determine how much ammo is "too much" to take. Im thinking a few hundred rounds wouldn't cause that much of a stir....I hope.
TSA agents are so jumpy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top