JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows of a local dealer who has a Cetme .308 ive been looking for a while and i dont want to order one off a website i want to actually see my rifle before i buy it

if anyone has some helpful info please do tell :)

thanks in advance

There used to be a dealer he is occasionally at the portland gun show has a couple full racks of them i have not been to a show for while so not sure if is still going but they were i think either 400 or 499 each there is a expo show next weekend

but research cetmes so you know how to shop there were many bad ones made where a certain company short cutted by grinding the bolt to open up bolt gap which not only could cause malfuntions but also be dangerous so check the bolts and look over carefully and make sure the guy or manufacturer/importer has some kind of return policy

a working makes for a nice low cost .308

Ive been looking for a while ive heard early run CAI Cetme are kinda a crap shoot but later runs have had less problems, anyone know of any identifiers to distinguish the older models?

Had one years ago. Great shooter, sold it because I like my FAL better. Look for a stainless receiver. And as already mentioned, check for a ground bolt. Avoid any with a ground bolt. Dangerous. Check the headspace if possible, I can't remember exactly how to do it, pretty much chamber a round and used a flat feeler gage on the back of the bolt (I think). Seems that CAI found it easier to grind the bolt than change out the rollers to correct the headspace, and yes, they are available.

Do not chamber a round. the chamber must be empty check using feeler gauges

should be able to visually see a ground bolt

i'm assuming OP knows how to do this as why he is looking for a hands on deal

I think gun zone in clackamas might had some cetmes also

Sorry if i ask any stupid questions, I've owned a few handguns but this is my first rifle. if i had more money id probably buy a LWRC M6A2 but i don't have that kinda cash

Sorry if i ask any stupid questions, I've owned a few handguns but this is my first rifle. if i had more money id probably buy a LWRC M6A2 but i don't have that kinda cash

no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to a firearm

Cetmes are good rifles and a great value if you find a good one and there are plenty out there but all it take is one bad batch to ruin its rep it not the rifle thats bad just the company that cut corners to put them on the market and putting some bad ones on the market i really don't know how they get away with it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top