JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all I recently purchased a Benelli Nova 20 gauge. I bought it for shooting trap and home defense.

I never plan on hunting with it so I'd like to go ahead and remove the magazine tube to get added capacity. I found a nice video about the actual removal process but there really isn't a whole lot of information regarding this and I have a few questions.

1) Will this in any way harm my shotgun or put added strain on my spring?

2) In the video after removing the plug the guy caps the end of the tube with a nickel for the spring to rest against.

3) will keeping it loaded to capacity damage it?

I'm mostly concerned about how the spring will rest after removing the tube and while I can't really see anything wrong with the nickel idea, it just doesn't seem right.

I'd really appreciate any help or alternative ideas for having the spring rest against the cap.

Here is a link to the video I found How to Remove Benelli Nova Magazine Plug - YouTube

Thanks! Forgot to mention I purchased through the classified forum here a NWFA. Nearly new for $250 and it functioned flawlessly both times I've taken it out since!

I removed the plug on my 12ga and screwed the cap back on. No problems so far after 2 years.

In regards to #3, keeping the spring compressed doesn't wear the spring, continual cycles does. So keeping the gun loaded will not damage the spring.

#1 - No, it won't.

#2 - Probably not necessary, but I don't see it as a problem if you wanted to do it.

#3 - No, it won't hurt it (as dmancornell said).

I appreciate the responses to give me some peace of mind as I'm rather new to the whole gun scene but quite enthusiastic! I just went ahead and took the plug out and the nickel idea doesn't even apply because I have a 20 gauge! Was a bit of a struggle to get the cap back on but I'm now at 4 +1 and the rounds cycle just fine.

Thanks again!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR