JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a Washington resident, just got my Oregon CHL in the mail today. Reading through the little flyer they sent with it under Renewal Information it states:

Please take note of your expiration date. Approximately one month before your CHL expires you should receive a reminder in the mail. You must make an appointment to renew your license. Renewals are made in person. The only exception to this procedure allowed is if you are currently a member of the Armed Forces on active duty out of the area. You can submit your application with roof of your military orders and a copy of your military ID.

So as a out of state CHL holder do I have to renew in person? (clearly that's what it states, but really?)

I mean I guess it wouldn't be that big of deal to drive the 6 hours round trip for me, but what about someone from Florida? Do they expect them to fly out to renew?

I have always renewed my OR permit in person. I am also a WA resident.
When I called Multnomah county there renewal was only certain days
of the week. They do not make it easy for out of state renewal. Good luck.

I have always renewed my OR permit in person. I am also a WA resident.
When I called Multnomah county there renewal was only certain days
of the week. They do not make it easy for out of state renewal. Good luck.
I believe that you are supposed to use a border county, since you're northern Washington, I would go to Columbia county over MulTCo.

Just renew from the CHL at the dept you got it at. Some counties are only renewing license that THEY issued, and others are only issuing if you live in a contiguous county. Yes, you have to apply in person, it will only take about 15 minutes,.

I can understand now wanting to drive 6 hours round-trip. What county issued the CHL? They will define the rules on renewal. I have Clackamas County, which allows online renewals, but they don't issue out of state CHL's. I tried to look online for two border counties - Multnomah and Columbia, and couldn't find info on the possibility of online renewals. I'd suggest giving the office that issued it a call on Monday and asking them to clarify.

It was issued by Columbia County. It clearly states you must renew in person. Not a big deal, Just kind of surprising. Its beautiful country, I suspect it will be a fine and enjoyable drive down to renew

After SB 941 I doubt Oregon will ever update or change our CHL reciprocity in one that favors the Holder. When many states have Constitutional Carry bills and 2nd amendment rights pushing through their senates ours is in a race to take ours away....

Sadly yes... I got mine from Sheriff Palmer a couple years ago and was warned by the gal in his office that the renewal might not be so easy because he was considering retiring in a couple years and his successor (they already know who he is?) wasn't as pro 2nd amendment....
To bad the political Aholes in WA DC cant ull their head out of their Arses long enough to pass a nationwide conceal license............................................... I know, in my dreams:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top