JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is permanently closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Quantico Tactical Supply questions, comments, and discussion

Learn more and write a review for Quantico Tactical Supply

Quantico Tactical Supply Tacoma Mall

On a 1-5 star rating, 1 star. Wife ordered a gun from Davidson's. This place was best price and close to home.

Gun came in one morning 10:00. Wife goes in after work, like 4:30. Two employees, no customers. She's older woman, in business dress. I guess not the clientele they were aiming for. When she told them what she was there for they said, we have to enter it on our books first. So she said well if I come tomorrow? The worker who was acting like she was bothering him said, maybe a few days. Don't come back till we call you.

Now at this point when she told me this I was already saying screw them. Send the gun back to Davidson's. I will pay whatever he wants for doing that and I will order it again to another shop. Wife did not want to yet. So next day they call her say come pick it up. Now it's Sat Afternoon and the NICS check comes back delayed. Worker announces to everyone there "sorry, you don't pass the check now" and packs up the gun and walks off. Wife did not know what this meant, was trying to ask him and he was already off to the back. She came home almost in tears. I got her calmed down, said what he must have said was delayed, not denied. Said this has happened to one of us before at our favorite shop on a Sat afternoon. She didn't remember it at first because that shop did not act like this jerk. So again I now want to just send gun back. She is cheaper than I when it comes to this and does not want to pay. So I said fine, Monday is it. Anymore and I order it to another shop. Today all went fine except the employee's still act like she is bothering them to buy from them. Well they won't have to worry about either of us, or our adult children who shoot, or her brothers who shoot ever setting foot in the place again.

Well I will never set foot in that place just on principle. Thanks for the heads up and sorry that happened to your wife.

I would walk into that store and ask for the owner and tell him they are not representing gun owners very well and not helping new gun owners if they treat people like this. I call bull sh!t and try not to slam him up against the wall. Which is what I would want to do. :mad:

I'd talk to the owner and see what he has to say. Maybe the rude person is the owner?

Don't know, as I never went in. It's some kind of chain though. In any case I will not set foot in there again if some gun I want is half price there. I adore Davidson's for the way they treated Wife on her first transaction with them. Just will never use this shop again when I buy from them. They list many shops to chose from each time I look. I would be glad to drive into the next county if I had to just to avoid this place. Like I said to the Moderator if they had done this to me I would probably laugh it off. That they did it to my Wife who obviously is not real knowledgeable is what left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Yikes. Sounds like a bad deal all the way around. When I lived in T-Town I used to frequent Bullseye Shooter Supply and was even a life member to their range. Bought my first AR there and a few others. Then there was that pesky DC Sniper thing.....I moved away and they changed owners and reopened. They even installed a ambi 1911 safety on my Kimber Custom Elite II free of charge while I waited.

Maybe next time try Federal Way Discount Guns. They were always good to me.

Well I will never set foot in that place just on principle. Thanks for the heads up and sorry that happened to your wife.

I would walk into that store and ask for the owner and tell him they are not representing gun owners very well and not helping new gun owners if they treat people like this. I call bull sh!t and try not to slam him up against the wall. Which is what I would want to do. :mad:

I know how you feel. She said they seem to aim for the high end AR type market. Said there was a lot of Black rifles on the wall that were several K. I thought about walking in, handling a few, talk about which one I really liked, then hand the last one back. Say too bad I will not be buying it from you. That "old woman" who you guys treated like crap over her one gun sale is my Wife. Not to worry about me, my sons, or her brothers buying anything here. They would probably have a good laugh after I walked out since I am hoping none of them own the place. Just cocky and arrogant employee's.

Yikes. Sounds like a bad deal all the way around. When I lived in T-Town I used to frequent Bullseye Shooter Supply and was even a life member to their range. Bought my first AR there and a few others. Then there was that pesky DC Sniper thing.....I moved away and they changed owners and reopened. They even installed a ambi 1911 safety on my Kimber Custom Elite II free of charge while I waited.

Maybe next time try Federal Way Discount Guns. They were always good to me.

Yes I felt real bad for that guy when the sniper thing happened. I had seen that coming though. The staff there were WAYYYYY to careless. That rifle that was stolen was kept in an unlocked rack right next to the damn door. I remember several times looking at that and thinking "guys this looks dangerous. " Bought a few guns from Brian but did not know him well enough to think I could say "dude you need to tighten up here." Still use the range all the time. Have not been in the new shop they have there yet since I tend to go in the morning before the shop opens. My hands down favorite LGS here is Mary's. Have been dealing with them since they started. Husband and Wife operation. VERY nice people. Will have to put up a review for them too. If they used Davidson's I would have loved to just have the last couple guns from there go through them but they are sadly not on the list.

That's very unlike my experience... GM is a guy named Jacob Edwards (Jacob at QuanticoTactical dot com), you might send him a note expressing polite disappointment at the tribulations of your experience and see if he'll do anything to make it right.

It's a six-ish-store chain based out of back east and almost all around military bases, owned by a service disabled vet, so you might also send Corporate a note about this too.

That's very unlike my experience... GM is a guy named Jacob Edwards (Jacob at QuanticoTactical dot com), you might send him a note expressing polite disappointment at the tribulations of your experience and see if he'll do anything to make it right.

It's a six-ish-store chain based out of back east and almost all around military bases, owned by a service disabled vet, so you might also send Corporate a note about this too.

Yah, do that!

Might save some of the guys a job in the future, if they can change there attitude. As the market is tanking, corporations will begin to cull.

If these guys can learn to appreciate anyone whom walks into there shops as fellow 2A folk, irregardless of age race gender etc, it'd help themselves & everyone else. They need to recognize that what was there market in the past, isn't the same, by a long shot.

-a local shop here (Tritac, before the fire), staff were complete a$$hats the first few times we went in. A$$hats aren't there anymore, current staff/owners honestly couldn't be more helpful...including offering free repair as they didn't have a particular tool I was looking to buy late one weekend.

I will send him a note. I kind of feel for business owners. Often they may not know their help is causing them this kind of problems. Maybe he will have a good talk with whoever manages the place for him. Like I mentioned if they had done this to me I would have been pissed but probably laughed it off. It really got me riled because the Wife was finally showing real interest in guns and shooting. Then someone does this to her. Was why I wanted to just send the gun back and eat the cost of doing so and just ordering it again.

Jacob's just this store's GM, gun counter's run by a guy named Sanchez.

When I transferred the NWFA lower there, cashier wanted to charge sales tax on the power's value too, until Jacob pointed out that with me already having paid ST on it that didn't apply.

I'm not sure I would have laughed it off if it happened to me. I would have asked for the manager and spoke to him directly right then and there. If that didn't do anything I would have gone over his head. As a business owner I want to know what my employees are doing and how they are treating our customers.

I'm not sure I would have laughed it off if it happened to me. I would have asked for the manager and spoke to him directly right then and there. If that didn't do anything I would have gone over his head. As a business owner I want to know what my employees are doing and how they are treating our customers.

What I mean is I have kind of come to expect some of this stuff in LGS's. they often seem to be staffed by people who appoint themselves experts because they work there. One LGS here has gotten a lot of business from me even though I have had some "trying times" with him. One great example was when I wanted a P-32. Asked him about ordering one. He launched into a spiel about how Kel-Tec made nothing but junk. Wanted to show me his great line of Jennings if I wanted a pocket auto. I just smiled, went to Bull's-eye and they had no problem putting me on the waiting list they had going. Now flash forward couple years I am at this first guys shop for some Break Free. On way out the door I see a P3AT in the case. Asked about it and he says, "Oh they are great and I can't keep them in stock". " As fast as I get one it they are gone, that one just came in". I made the mistake of asking to see it and it followed me home. Same guy pulled one on Wife when she tried to get a S2K for me from him. Unknown to me she had put down a deposit of half, non refundable it said on receipt. He told her a week at most two. 6 or so later she admits to me what happened. So I go in to speak to him. He launches into tirade about how Kel-Tec treats gun shops like crap (he used a word I can't here) and it's not his fault. I listened to this then told him that was strange as KT did not sell any guns directly to an FFL holder. He got red in face then said how about if I refund your Wife's money. We then found another great new (at the time) shop that had the gun. I still went back year or so later and bought a safe from this first guy. One big difference now days is the net. More business have to behave better as word of mouth travels far and fast now.

Before I moved to Kitsap I worked on McChord and would drive by Quantico on my way to that surplus ammo place behind Tactical Tailors. I never went in to Quantico because of the 'tactical' in their name oddly enough. I'm retired now, not tactical at all, and have no desire to look like a soldier wanna-be. Far too many 'tactical' clowns moving around among us, but I digress... :rolleyes: Anyway, I finally stopped in there because they are a Sig authorized dealer for the IOP now that LEEDs is gone. Not much of a selection and nobody in there seemed like they had much interest in their jobs. Strange business model. They might be riding the current market and thinking they don't need to try too hard, and they probably don't. Once the wave passes though, they'll have a hard time keeping the lights on if they alienate everyone.

I'll second Mary's Pistols and also mention Daugherty's Guns in Port Orchard. Mike works out of his home and charges a lot less than any of the brick and mortar stores around- for everything; guns, ammo, transfers, suppressors and suppressor transfers.

Hey, @Alexx1401 Heard anything back yet? If they don't do right by you, I may take my own business somewhere more convenient/closer to home too...
I have not yet bothered to try to write to the company yet. When I get around to doing so I will post their response if any. I doubt I will ever set foot in the place after that. Just too many places around here who do things right.

It's just another "stop" whenever I can make it up to Tacoma, WA. BTW, there are plenty of other gun related shop/businesses that I visit whenever I'm up there in Tacoma.

I figure that sometimes employees/owners can be in a "bad mood."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.