JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had the 9mm version and hands down one of the best pistols I've ever shot. Very accurate and low recoil. I've shot most handguns out there and nothing compares to it.

Yah PDX it's not a gimmick. My father is a federal agent and firearms instructor. He tried it out at the range one day and shot the whole clip as fast as he could with control and it was one of the tightest groupings I've ever seen. And I thought I was good.
Trust me if it's accuracy, lightweight and dependability you are looking for you can't go wrong with it.
And it's nice to have a gun that only takes two steps to break down.

I cant say enough good things about the px4.

I too have the 9mm version. I got it new and it now has more rounds through it than all of my other guns combined. The exact round count is at home with the gun, but It's eaten over 20,000 rounds now without a single hickup. I dont even have a ftf, fte, etc that I can blame on ammo. It's truly been a flawless gun.

Whether it's ccw (clothing permitting) or disposing of a few 250ct UMC mega packs at a range day, Hands down, the px4 is my pistol of choice.

Own both but I would have to give an edge to the M&P for handling. Because it is slightly lighter, and significantly thinner, it feels better when concealed and also when drawing and operating. It is about .25" longer than the PX4 but you also gain .5" in barrel length. I've always found length more easily to deal with than overall thickness for concealment. If you like the feel of the PX4 and are already leaning towards it - I would buy it and not look back. Both are great pistols and the difference between the two is more about your interaction with it than the designs.

Own both but I would have to give an edge to the M&P for handling. Because it is slightly lighter, and significantly thinner, it feels better when concealed and also when drawing and operating. It is about .25" longer than the PX4 but you also gain .5" in barrel length. I've always found length more easily to deal with than overall thickness for concealment. If you like the feel of the PX4 and are already leaning towards it - I would buy it and not look back. Both are great pistols and the difference between the two is more about your interaction with it than the designs.

It's more for a range/nightstand gun, I use a PPS for ccw so size isn't really a concern for this purchase. I'm actually going to a local gun shop to get a feel for both pistols. Still looking for a range that would rent them so I can actually take them out for a spin. I've heard the M&P has a gritty trigger which eventually smooths out, did you have this problem?

No, I didn't have any problems with the triggers. Another thing to consider is that there is more aftermarket support for the M&P whether that be Crimson Trace grips to threaded barrels. I will post a pic of the M&P tomorrow with the suppressor and Leupold Delta point that is on it. I also have a non modified M&P as well.

when i was in the gun store looking at both of these guns (in 40s&w), the salesmen told me that the m&p's barrel is lower and more in line with the grip then the px4. so the recoil tends to go more back then up. (i ended up getting the m&p40c)

what you really need to do is go to a range where you can rent both pistols and try them both, get the one that works best for you...

Well I've put 250 rounds through the PX4 and I have to say that I love it! Take that for what it's worth though, I am by no means an experienced shooter, more of a novice actually. As far as recoil, I find that it's really subjective. if I had to judge, I would say that the recoil was was mild compared to other .45's that I've shot.

Well pdx225? How do you like it? I've got the H&K P30 9mm. Nice gun. Still would take the PX4 over the H&K.

Would love to have an H&K P30, just can't justify the expense at the moment. If you decide to sell, let me know...I may be in the market then. =)