JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I like weird stuff, not sure why, but quirky guns make me happy.

I think I found an "aha" quirky gun idea.

Troy makes this…
1648650860857.jpeg
I can't find much information on it so I emailed Troy for an answer. I'm curious if it takes regular (no gas port obviously) AR15 barrels. Because if it does…

CMMG makes this…
99DE642__09525.1609891644.1280.1280.jpg
CMMG only angles cuts on the bolt, NOT the barrel extension.

Combine the above barrel swap with a 9mm magwell block or a couple of these…
1648651106622.jpeg

Should make the gun a pump action 9mm!

Or at least theoretically!

Reno

So, radial delayed blowback bolt married to a pump mechanism?

I wonder how the pump works to unlock the bolt?

(color me intrigued)
You wouldn't swap the bolt only the barrel. The 223 and 9mm rim are basically the same diameter. CMMG only cuts angles on the bolt. The barrel extension is that of an AR15.

Assuming the bolt face off an RDB is dimensionally the same as a regular bolt, which I can measure. I'd say there shouldn't be any headspace issues.

Did some measuring. The CMMG bolt is the same depth as an AR15s. The face diameter is only slightly larger, which is an easy fix. .394 vs .380

I took the AR BCG and is locks into the CMMG barrel like it was a regular AR barrel. I figured as much as it uses a regular barrel extension.

I've got a spare bolt lying around somewhere, I might mill it out to match the spec of the CMMG to try and get it to work with the CMMG barrel. It could be a sort-of-bolt action. Or a straight pull that way.

I would love to see a pump action rifle based on the Remington 141 , offered in pistol and revolver cartridges...
Yes I know its not a AR based rifle...and that to base it on the Remington design , it would be costly and not very popular.
Andy

Confirmed by Troy that their PAR uses a standard AR bolt and a standard-ish barrel. It's a standard barrel minus the gas port and parts.

Would it be that something that looks like an "assault rifle" yet is pump action in 9mm is intended mainly for markets where "assault rifles" are banned? Like the Remington .223 pump rifle that takes AR magazines?

Would it be that something that looks like an "assault rifle" yet is pump action in 9mm is intended mainly for markets where "assault rifles" are banned? Like the Remington .223 pump rifle that takes AR magazines?
The PAR I think was originally made to be 50 state legal.

My reasons are mostly for, why nots, and just becauses.

I do wish that there was a lever action 9mm like a Marlin or similar. That would be fun.
That would certainly be cool.

I've had Velzey make me a bolt gun in 9mm using the Armscor 22ba.

This Troy pump should be a simple barrel swap and minor bolt face machining. With endomags it should theoretically work.