JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a PTR 9KT (sbr on the way already) and looking at a dedicated form 1 can for said. Anyone have one they like for this particular application? I only have a drill press so really limited on machining but have had success with several other form 1 cans just not in the last several months. Supplies and suppliers have changed a lot in that timeframe. If no good options I will get in line and wait for a Omega 9k or similar but really would like to play with this before summer is over. Input is much appreciated.

Drilled using a 13/32" bit and clipped is very quiet on 9mm. Throw a Cherry bomb on the barrel and run the plan b adapter.

Drilled using a 13/32" bit and clipped is very quiet on 9mm. Throw a Cherry bomb on the barrel and run the plan b adapter.
Not a bad option. Looks pretty heavy at 20oz+ but I already am committed to the cherry bomb/plan b on most everything not 22lr so definitely a plus.

Not a bad option. Looks pretty heavy at 20oz+ but I already am committed to the cherry bomb/plan b on most everything not 22lr so definitely a plus.
I'm pretty sure that weight isn't correct as the 8" one is only 2 ounces heavier per their site. That and you'll be removing material. They didn't have the shorter one back when I purchased a few of theirs, but I'd prefer it over my 8" overbuilt 9mm can I did up using their then 223/308 kit.

Check bolt gap after replacing locking piece. If gun doesn't function, you can use different rollers. The bolt gap will dictate which direction. A friend had to go to a +8 set of rollers, but it often isn't necessary. The bolt gap will tell you what size roller you need to go to, larger or smaller. According to RCM, quite a few of the PTR K's have had up to .007" undersized locking piece pockets. If that's the case, you can mill the locking piece to fit, or send it to PTR to have it fit.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR