JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright competitors of NWFAs I need some help!

I'm looking to buy a nice bag finally for NRL22. I've got a chassis'd 457 that has arca Swiss all along the entire bottom. I'm pretty good off my bipod, but I'm definitely worse on my bags. Which are just old school shooting bags that I waxed and filled with sand. They work, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Im not entirely sold on anything really. Area 419 has a few kits (bag, mount and bag holdy thingy) that look easy to use on YouTube. One guy had one at NRL22 at TCGC last match but I never got around to chatting him up. Not sure if I really need the bag to rifle holding thing, but in my head it looks like it might save time, though that's not always an issue.

Im still fairly new to this so keep that in mind. I've only got 5 matches on my belt. I am thoroughly enjoying it though.

Thanks!

Reno

Ive been running a Wiebad Mini Fortune cookie which seems to be one of the more popular ones ive seen. The bag is a great size and weight
I am not running an arca on my cz so that may be something to consider, but as far as bags go I am completely happy with the wiebad.

Take a look a game changer schmedium. I've talked with a few more experienced shooters at matches and they were trying to pare back carrying so many bags and found it to be very versatile. Last match I borrowed a squad mates for the tank trap he had the schmedium in their new sticky material it worked amazing for that.

Take a look a game changer schmedium. I've talked with a few more experienced shooters at matches and they were trying to pare back carrying so many bags and found it to be very versatile. Last match I borrowed a squad mates for the tank trap he had the schmedium in their new sticky material it worked amazing for that.
I love that about the discipline and matches in general. Everyone is so willing to share and allow others to try stuff. Another shooter last match let me try one of those body bags for a semi sitting stage and I'd never used one before. Might pick one up in time. It made sitting much more comfortable.

Just an FYI there is a prs22 match tomorrow at salem rod and gun club. Wife and I went last time and it was a good match, we will be there tomorrow as well. Say hello if you see us.

The bag I use 99% of the time is the pint sized game changer. I have a weibad tator tot I use for wide barricades on occasion. I think the schmedium game changer would be a good bag to use in place of both of these. I didn't figure this out until I bought the other two.

If I had a arca rail, I would add a 419 grip changer bag to my collection as well.

If you haven't bought any, I'd vote for the schmedium and rail changer. In all the matches I have been to (local, regional, 22x, and nationals), nearly everyone is down to these 2 bags. (Or a close variation of them).

If you want to try either of my bags out next match at Tri County, you are free to use them as much as you want. Would be good make sure you like them before dropping 100+ on each one.

Own a sand filled pint size game changer and really like it. Have since had a chance to use a schmedium and will likely be picking one up in the future. Heard great things about the Wiebad fortune cookie, handled it but have never used one. There are lots of bags out there, most with a specific use case but it seems like the fortune cookie and game changer variants are the universal top choices for a wide spectrum of uses.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top