JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have looked but not found anything.

when checking out a firearm in the bound book name field do you go

first middle last or the way the 4473 is , last first middle

or is it just a preference?

Per ATF Publication 5300.4 Revised September 2014, 27CFR Part 478, subpart H RECORDS § 478.125 Record of receipt and disposition. paragraph (e). [page 64]

The record shall show the date of receipt, the name and address or the name and license number of the person from whom received, the name of the manufacurer and importer (if any), the model, serial number, type, and the caliber or gauge of the firearm. The sale or other disposition of a firearm shall be recorded by the licensed dealer not later than 7 days following the date of such transaction.

The record shall show the date of the sale or other disposition of each firearm, the name and address of the person to whom the firearm is transferred, or the name and license number of the person to whom transferred if such person is a licensee, or the firearms transaction record, Form 4473, serial number if the licensed dealer transferring the firearm serially numbers the Forms 4473 and files them numerically. The format required for the record of receipt and disposition of firearms is as follows: (See Table 4)

OP, you will notice ATF doesn't specify format only that you fill in the blank(s), but ATF, during inspections, could/will if flagrantly inconsistent cite you for records discrepancies. To avoid possible ATF cites, NSSF recommends those dealing in firearms have SOPs outlining how you complete your A&D record book, how often inspections are accomplished, etc.

I use legal first and last name only. My last ATF compliance audit went smoothly. The agent told me he liked the format and consistency of my book and I shouldn't change anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top