JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$250
City
Rainier
State
Washington
Zip Code
Legally taken Pronghorn Buck (AZ 1986). Just shy of record book (has length but small mass). Mounted by renowned guide and taxidermist Tony Grimmett. I have the memories, time to share the beauty. Can meet within 20 miles of Rainier WA 98576. ant1.jpg ant2.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
One of my most memorable hunts. Early September, 1986, unit 21 north and east of Cordes Junction AZ. After finally drawing a tag after years of trying, scouting all summer in the desert heat, finding him on opening day after a 5 mile hike I estimated the range at 300 yards. First shot missed! Second shot right through the lungs ( he didn't know what to do after the first shot, he just sort of pranced in circles). I paced it off at 325 long steps. Packed him out the 5 miles in 100 degree heat, stopping once to fill my canteen at a stock pond. Ah, the good old days of youth and vigor! Thanks for the compliment, he is a beauty! So is the memory.

One of my most memorable hunts. Early September, 1986, unit 21 north and east of Cordes Junction AZ. After finally drawing a tag after years of trying, scouting all summer in the desert heat, finding him on opening day after a 5 mile hike I estimated the range at 300 yards. First shot missed! Second shot right through the lungs ( he didn't know what to do after the first shot, he just sort of pranced in circles). I paced it off at 325 long steps. Packed him out the 5 miles in 100 degree heat, stopping once to fill my canteen at a stock pond. Ah, the good old days of youth and vigor! Thanks for the compliment, he is a beauty! So is the memory.

Unless someone has hunted Pronghorns they just wouldn't understand.

I spooked one in Wyoming and had to wait for him to come back into range from S. Dakota! :)

True story, he ran due east and stopped just the other side of the state line marked by the land owners posted signs! About 10 minutes later he came back to check me out and stopped at about 40 yards! DRT, 100 grain .243 Win. to the chest! Not even close to a trophy goat! :)'s

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top