JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, take a hardened chisel or punch about 4 inches long and launch it from space to hit a tank. It might go thru it - not sure if it would survive re-entry at speed. Make it from tungsten carbide, probably go thru the tank. If it was guided and/or smart, it would be deadly. No one would be safe.

But we already have penetrating bunker buster bombs - maybe not as effective as something launched from space though.

I wonder how effective a smaller projectile, fired from a space based rail gun, would be,

I think that smaller projectile - like the size of a chisel - would be used on smaller targets. The problem there is that smaller targets are generally moving, and even at the extreme speeds, it would take too long for a projectile to get to the target - unless the projectile was guided.

Now if the objective was to dump a bunch of projectiles into a given area - like with cluster bombs - then smaller projectiles might be effective.

But I am given to understand that we already have effective weapons deployed from aircraft that serve the same purpose and would be less expensive.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top