Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Product Mislabeling - obtaining legal advice?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by FatherHolyHoly, Jul 25, 2013.

1. FatherHolyHoly

FatherHolyHoly MN Active Member

I am writing this because I would like to speak with an attorney experienced in the firearms/defense industry.

I was involved with the purchase of a defensive product that was intentionally mislabeled in violation of Federal Law. The product, if used as labeled, could cause severe injury or death. In speaking with the manufacturer, the product was removed from the distributor's inventory and I am told they lost distribution rights. I am unaware of any lawsuits that developed as a result of my experience, however, it causes me disbelief at the arrogance, stupidity and lack of remorse of the distributor. I wish I could go into further detail but I think it would be in my best interest to leave out the specific details. On a side note, they are not part of our Industry forum so that's a plus. ( ;

Would anyone happen to have some names or a source for finding the qualifications I am looking for? I have contacted the Clark County Bar Association but I have not yet heard back.

2. JVK

JVK West Active Member

Lawyer Directory -> "Area of Practice"

I believe you can put in an area/zip code to find local attorneys.

3. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

If you weren't directly injured, I doubt you have grounds to sue. Only the FTC gets to file civil suits in that case.