JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$400
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Oregon City
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 MIL
Illuminated VPR Reticle
34mm tube
very positive,robust, and accurate turrets
Zero stop

Selling because I have decided to upgrade to their new EP5 version of the same scope.
Current new price without included options below is $464.99. I'm including Flip It's caps and scope mounts that cost $104.98 for a total value of 569.97.

I am asking $400 FTF in Portland metro area. This is approximately 70% of new cost.

Has been mounted but never fired and is in perfect condition.
Comes with original packaging with all materials and manual
Comes with Arken "Flip its" caps in addition to standard bikini cover and lens shade
Comes with Arken low profile 0.92" mounts. These CNC mounts are extremely well made and robust.The mount height is the recommended height for most rifles and fit perfectly on my Savage Tactical 110.

1660925554562.png

Suggested mounts from their forum.

***These recommendations should be used as a guide and may not fit all applications (Based on 50mm Objective lens contacting barrel/AR forends). There are several easy to find ring height calculators available online. ***
Rem 700 footprints = low rings (0.92") (up to 40 MOA scope rail)
Ruger RPR = medium rings (1.26")
Ruger American = low rings (0.92")
Savage 110 = low rings (0.92")
Tikka = low rings (0.92")
Sako = low rings (0.92")
AR Platform = ARP Rigid Mount (1.50") med rings (1.26")

Downloadable manual: https://hubs.ly/H0_VqsN0

Scope details
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/onli...d-Reticle-with-Zero-Stop-34mm-Tube-p227953426
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Precision Tracking Guaranteed
  • HD Glass
  • First Focal Plane (FFP)
  • Zero Stop
Specifications:
Magnification: 6-24x
Objective Diameter: 50 mm
Eye Relief: 3.5 inches
Field of View: 20.88-5.22 ft @100 Yards
Tube Size: 34 mm
Turret Adjustment: 1/10 MIL
Reticle Position: First Focal Plane
Reticle Details: VPR MIL
Zero Stop: AZS Zero Stop System
Zero Reset: Yes
Elevation Adj. Range: 32 MIL
Windage Adj. Range: 10 MIL
Adjustment Per Revolution: 8 MIL
Parallax: Side Parallax Adjustment 25Yds - Infinity
Illuminated Reticle: Red
Turret Rotation: Counter Clockwise (CCW)
Length: 14.1 inches
Color: Matte Black
Weight: 36.6 oz
Sunshade: yes
Battery included: CR2032

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Did you end up selling this? How do you like the EP5 vs this one? I'm both possibly interested in the SH4 if there's a killer deal to be had but also interested to hear someone's thoughts on if the upgrade was worth it and if so in what ways.

Thanks!
Mitch

Did you end up selling this? How do you like the EP5 vs this one? I'm both possibly interested in the SH4 if there's a killer deal to be had but also interested to hear someone's thoughts on if the upgrade was worth it and if so in what ways.

Thanks!
Mitch
The scope is still for sale and I sadly haven't mounted the EP5 to compare. The EP5 has better glass, at least on paper, and a larger objective so should be a bit better in lower light. Looking through the EP5 hand held my first impression is that it's very clear, but how much of a practical improvement over the SH4 is hard to say. I have a three day weekend coming up so will try to do a side by side comparison.

One advantage the SH4 has over the EP5 is that it can use a lower mount, where the EP5 has a small protrusion on the bottom that requires medium Arken rings where the SH4 can use low rings.

At $400 I'm willing to part with the SH4, but below that it's utility value as a backup doesn't make sense to sell. Both scopes are a huge value and worth hundreds over thier retail value and IMO you can't go wrong.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top