JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Looking for a 1x or magnified prism optic with generous eye relief to replace my Romeo 5 that I'm having astigmatism trouble with. Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. it's going on an AR. Let me know what you have. Thanks

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I could part with my Primary Arms Glx 2x prism. Pretty much new with killflash, box, risers, etc. Great optic.
Thanks, but I'm going to stick with the 1x so I can still use my flip to side 3x magnifier that is shimmable for height. I know Vortex says they don't work for prisms, but they have a vested interest to say so since they sell magnified models for more money and I've found 3-4 people that have done so with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks, but I'm going to stick with the 1x so I can still use my flip to side 3x magnifier that is shimmable for height. I know Vortex says they don't work for prisms, but they have a vested interest to say so since they sell magnified models for more money and I've found 3-4 people that have done so with no issues whatsoever.
Turn the diopter on the spitfire all the way clockwise. Then turn the diopter on the magnifier all the way counterclockwise. While looking through the spitfire/magnifier combo, adjust the diopter on the spitfire back counterclockwise until you have a good image. Based on what I have read, it will never work perfectly for you as you are trying to get 2 different diopters to focus. I have heard it does work though. Please let me know how well it works as I was thinking of doing it for one of my builds in the past. Scrapped the plan after reading Vortex statement on prisms and magnifiers.

Turn the diopter on the spitfire all the way clockwise. Then turn the diopter on the magnifier all the way counterclockwise. While looking through the spitfire/magnifier combo, adjust the diopter on the spitfire back counterclockwise until you have a good image. Based on what I have read, it will never work perfectly for you as you are trying to get 2 different diopters to focus. I have heard it does work though. Please let me know how well it works as I was thinking of doing it for one of my builds in the past. Scrapped the plan after reading Vortex statement on prisms and magnifiers.
I see where you are coming from, but I will first set the diopter on the spitfire for 1x reticle focus, then flip the 3x in line and set its diopter for focus on the reticle. The way you suggest would negate the bare eye vortex focus when the 3x is flipped to side. It will be a learning experience, but optically there is no reason this cannot work in some fashion.

Apparently this is not true, but I will try and advise.
Be my guest. but from personal experience you can use a prism with a mag but that is like having sex with a transexual. not the same thing and does't make you heterosexual.

1) Eye relief. You might get the eye relief of your magnifier right, but then the prism scope has to sit out far enough forward to get in front of the magnifier. When you flip the magnifier away, the eye relief WILL be wrong for your prism scope

2) If somehow by some miracle point #1 doesn't bother you, keep in mind you'll have to futz with the diopter on the prism scope every time you switch between 1x and 3x (Or whatever the magnifier is)

3) If by some miracle those two points don't bother you, keep in mind that the far easier thing to do would be to get an already magnified prism scope and then just run an offset or piggy-backed red dot for 1x and then you don't have to worry about flipping a magnifier or having it hang off the side of your gun

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.