JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've practiced dual loading with live buckshot, I just don't pull the trigger when I am doing that at home. If the safety doesn't inhibit loading, seems rather simple and straight forward.

I always practice with dummy rounds at home. Bought some dummy shot shell rounds my 12 gauge shotgun and also bought some dummy rounds for my AR as well.

For shotgun loading, I prefer to make my own. I punch the primers out and then roll the crimp inside the shell on my reloader. To me, the feel is more realistic than A-Zoom and others (which I also have).

No cons at all. Only pros.

Practice as much as you can and use dummies any time you don't intend to shoot. That's what they're made for. I like AZoom snap caps because they have a little rubber bumpers to make dry firing any weapon safe. They're also nicely weighted. This would allow you to practice the complete cycle of loading, shooting, and ejecting safely and quietly.

I make a point of having snap caps/dummies for every caliber I own, for exactly this reason.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top