JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have the following for sale. These are all unopened. There is nothing wrong with them. I am wanting to buy other components.

2lb IMR 4320= $25 each

4K Remington 6 1/2 Small Rifle Primers= $30 per 1K

1K Sellier and Bellot Large Rifle Primers (can be used for large rifle or large pistol)=$30

I'll give you the whole lot for $185

Last Edited:
1K Sellier and Bellot Large Rifle Primers (can be used for large rifle or large pistol)
This is a incorrect statement. The depth is different between the two.

I apologize for getting on here late. I have been having problems getting onto the forum. Theses items are all sold.

MarkAd, the S&B primers said on the box that they were for rifle, pistol, or revolver.

I purchased the entire lot of primers and powder from GFO270.
That lot included the 1000 ct. S&B Lg Rifle primers in question.

I think that to a degree you are BOTH correct.

YES, with this particular box does say (upper right corner):

SampBLgRiflePrimers001.jpg

YES, Large Rifle and Large Pistol Primers are USUALLY NOT interchangeable due to height.

BTW, new unfired height measurements:

S&B Primers in question, height = 0.1235"
CCI Large Rifle Primers #200 height = 0.1255"
CCI Large Pistol Primers #300 height = 0.1220"

_________________________________________________________________________________

LAWYER TIME..........

Always use the CORRECT PRIMER for your particular application.
_________________________________________________________________________________

That being said............

1) I have used/experimented with using small rifle primers in sm pistol applications.

2) I do not use sm pistol primers as a replacement for sm rifle applications.

3) And, I do not use large rifle for large pistol or vis versa applications.

4) Always rememeber, that when you're reloading, you should start low and work your way up. Check for signs of overpressure and other various types of signs of failure(s) and/or pending failure(s). YOU have the ultimate responsibility. Be safe.

Aloha, Mark

PS..............

From the Speer manual..........

Repriming is a simple, but critical, step that reloaders often do not give enough attention to. In order to gain optimum primer sensitivity, it must be seated firmly to the bottom of the primer pocket. But this doesn't mean using so much force that the primer cup is deformed. When primers are properly seated, the top of the primer is from .005" to .008" below flush with the case head. The purpose of this is to assure that the primer anvil legs are in firm contact with the bottom of the primer pocket. If they are not so seated, it requires an average of 59% greater firing pin blow to give reliable ignition. This much extra force simply isn't available in many firearms.

Analysis of hundreds of handload misfires complaints show that the vast majority are caused by insufficient primer seating.

You can check............by running your finger along the bottoms of your cases. You'll learn the "feel of the primers" as they should be seated below flush.

But, I admit that it isn't always true with my reloaded pistol cartridges.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top