JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://thinkpatriot.wordpress.com/2015/08/10/a-modern-approach-to-security/

I think this was a story arc on The Wire.

" Suppose I had the contract to take over security for a ghetto. Pick the worst bad-bubblegum place you can think of, it doesn't make a difference, this is engineering, not social work.

First thing I would do is distribute really cheap high quality cannabis, lots of it, everywhere. ...

The second thing I would do is start arming everyone, training them to take care of themselves around firearms and with firearms.** ...

Retraining the social workers to do this will be fun."

"**Simple version, there would be structure and suggestions that more training in particular areas are needed. The goal is a weapon used safely by everybody who wants one, but some might have to be convinced they shouldn't want one. A later thought : can't stop anyone from buying a gun on their own, but we would give them out for free to anyone who passes the course, a rite of passage to full functioning member of the community. A free gun beats certificates in stating that."

A medicated society is a safe society? Perhaps I missed the author's point, or maybe I need a bong hit to truly grasp it.

I think he is trying to say people like to put chemicals into their body and will do so legal or not dangerous or not. MJ is one of the chemicals that have the least negative impacts so if cheap legal MJ is available, perhaps less people will get into the nastier ones.

And as far as guns go, if normal people have access instead of only criminals, it only makes things better.

Has some merit IMO.

A medicated society is a safe society? Perhaps I missed the author's point, or maybe I need a bong hit to truly grasp it.
Orwell wrote about the Victory Gin that kept everybody mellow.
upload_2015-11-2_15-57-42.png

I've said this many times, give everyone guns and drugs; then Darwin will sort things out rather quickly...

Seriously, I'm sick of catering to the lowest common denominator in society...

I'm less in favor of everyone being high on weed, and more in favor of stopping the ludicrous spending on the "war on drugs" as it pertains to marijuana.

I can take a pot head any day, its the man made drugs that truly warp people into monsters and destroy lives at a cyclic rate.

Oooh, Oooh! I call first dibs on the Inner City Gun Range Co!
Cheap ammo and targets.
Separate smoking rooms with Jimi Hendrex playing.
A nice range with Flirtin With Disaster and Flight of the Valkyries piped in.
In house wound clinics with top notch Dr's and the best transport to hospitals available!

The thing that really bothers me about the authors premise is that it sounds as good as what we have now!;)

Back in my youth, when we had President Jimmy, Pot had a get high rate that was kinda like beer. Due to the un-win-able, unnecessary, endless war on drugs, it got a lot more potent.

For many, not all, if they didn't have stupid felony convictions, from pot and they had access to pot, then they would not be involved in the other dangerous drugs. Crack is cocaine but cheap. When you look at the destruction of the "nucular" family, the inner city families started failing as welfare became the norm. More money if you were an unmarried woman with children. Unintended consequences. The real total destruction began in the 80s when Crack hit the streets - that is when the women started abusing.

Clearly the authors idea is simplistic.

But just like on The Wire, that doesn't mean it wouldn't work.

How do eliminate graft? How to you grease the palms of the pols? What will you do with all those unemployed prison guards?

Point out a better solution. Or an idea which isn't "..with more money and resources...."

"..there is always soma, delicious soma, half a gramme for a half-holiday, a gramme for a week-end, two grammes for a trip to the gorgeous East, three for a dark eternity on the moon..."

Ray

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top